NHS office jobs

james-safc

Central Defender
Anyone got one/had one?

What is it like as a place to work?

Good culture?
Hardworking?
Good work/life balance?

Do most trusts have flexi time and the option for home working?

Thanks

Our lass (no) works is a payroll supervisor at North Tees. Very flexible with start/finish times, and they've allowed her to work from home 2 days a week, although that may change when everything gets back to normal.

She's been there 10 years and she's never really complained about it.

might help if you specify the office like
Which one?

I'd rather not specify the exact location, but yorkshire based. Obviously each trust will vary, but just looking to get a general insight
Our lass (no) works is a payroll supervisor at North Tees. Very flexible with start/finish times, and they've allowed her to work from home 2 days a week, although that may change when everything gets back to normal.

She's been there 10 years and she's never really complained about it.

good to know- thank you!

Sister in law is a NHS internal auditor (I won't name her Trust). She's been working from home for the last year but even before then the hours were very flexible to fit around the school runs. She says she could earn more in the private sector but her job is relatively stress free

Last edited:
Anyone got one/had one?

What is it like as a place to work?

Good culture?
Hardworking?
Good work/life balance?

Do most trusts have flexi time and the option for home working?

Thanks
I would think most will have flexi time and good work life balance.
That will be offset by poor pay and an interesting mix of employees....some decent but others who have been their too long and are counting down the days to retirement.

That will be offset by poor pay and an interesting mix of employees....some decent but others who have been their too long and are counting down the days to retirement.
About employees .. you could say that about most companies

Yeah thats the sort of thing i expect. Cheers

I work in the public sector and reckon 40% of the staff are useful at our place. The rest are seeing out time or have become too difficult to manage/motivate and moved into pointless side projects
Same here. Frustrates the hell out of me how useless some staff are. Trying to instigate change is like trying to turn an oil tanker.

Back