NHS health check up

Good that they have brought the age down. I have been getting the over 60`s one for a few Years now and a good thing to do--I think of it as an MOT. I had high blood pressure before I started them then one of my checks discovered I had Cholesterol as well. Us fellas are notorious for not going to te Docs so this is an opportunity not to be missed.

Just booked my next one this week for June 10th

I had one at 40, as stated, good if you haven’t seen a GP for a while…

However the main question that threw me, was “how many units of alcohol do you consume a week”….worse than any fraction or percentage question as a kid that. They always know your lying….🍺

I'm 74 and never been offered one...then again I don't get ill so why would they.
underlying asymptomatic health conditions. They have been automatically offered to people after their 60th birthday for quite a while now. My dad is the same age as you and got his after 60th birthday.
Do you not take any regular medication?

underlying asymptomatic health conditions. They have been automatically offered to people after their 60th birthday for quite a while now. My dad is the same age as you and got his after 60th birthday.
Do you not take any regular medication?
Yes, started taking vitamin D last week for PTSD. Before that I took anti depressents for about three months, but that was 50 years ago. Also in 2010 I had a course of anti-biotics for shingles.

I had one at 40, as stated, good if you haven’t seen a GP for a while…

However the main question that threw me, was “how many units of alcohol do you consume a week”….worse than any fraction or percentage question as a kid that. They always know your lying….🍺

Ah, tbe alcohol test, they must multiple by 2 or 3 to get the real number

I've had one. If you ignore it, they just keep badgering you with messages to book it, then when you ring up for a routine appointment for something else, you'll get "we'll book a double appointment so you can have it done while you're here."

They were big on cycling when I got mine. Even though I walk a lot daily, and was doing regular running and gym workouts, she didn't like the fact I wasn't cycling. I don't even own a bike but left it as saying I'd look into getting one.

I'd ignore a letter if I got one.

No evidence it does more good than harm.

Back