NHS budgeting idea

I would personally do away with the NHS myself, loads of money is drained out if it. If it's that great, why has nobody else in the world copied the concept.
Logistical nightmare starting from scratch, our system and others pay systems have grown organically over a long time

This is all about personal responsibility.

Here is my proposal.

Every working adult will have a set amount, say £40 per month taken from their wage at source. Every year on the 1st of December everyone’s medical records will be examined and any treatment that has been administered for self-inflicted illness will be costed against said contributions.

Any ailments resulting from over eating, alcoholism, smoking and other destructive drugs will be charged from your account. If, however, none of your treatments are related to the aforementioned categories, a full rebate plus associated interest will be forthcoming...£500 would make a decent Xmas I think.

It would also be useful to install a worldometer type database to show daily deaths, amputations from obesity etc.

Carrot and stick can work well together.
No

Your reply made no sense to me whatsoever.

How is stating a fact being rude?
You were rude right from the start, you know it ,not arsed, just as a staff member you should try setting an example.
Logistical nightmare starting from scratch, our system and others pay systems have grown organically over a long time
This is true mind, but it will happen over time, we are already well down that road.

Last edited:
And your point is?

no need, love how you have ignored a very important point about it literally heading that way anyway, or do you feel it's not heading that way with private contracts? Or did you just feel the need to be rude? Given your a staff member surely you shouldn't be setting a better example?
You can have private contracts ,paid for by a central fund . Using them doesn't signal an end to anything . It needs cost savvy people from private run businesses to run procurement that's all .

You can have private contracts ,paid for by a central fund . Using them doesn't signal an end to anything . It needs cost savvy people from private run businesses to run procurement that's all .
True, but them private contracts are getting more and more. General practices are getting sold off too.

I would personally do away with the NHS myself, loads of money is drained out if it. If it's that great, why has nobody else in the world copied the concept.
Nobody apart from...

You mean?

Countries With Free or Universal Healthcare

Tell me more about me, I'm genuinely interested.
You imply your life has been some 'mystical journey' to know yourself but you would like to financially batter anyone whose habits you don't approve of and who are statistically more likely to come from the poorer end of society. If that's your path to enlightenment I think I'll go a different way, Grasshopper.

Anything else you'd like to know?

Nobody apart from...

You mean?
Was the Dust Museum closed today?

Nobody apart from...

You mean?

Are you actually saying they copied the NHS? Which is exactly what I said. I wish people could quote properly instead of throwing something out there, it's pretty well known ,nobody has copied the NHS model, I'd say only italy, spain, perhaps Portugal have anything that is remotely close. You've literally googled countries with free healthcare......😂😂

Last edited:
You imply your life has been some 'mystical journey' to know yourself but you would like to financially batter anyone whose habits you don't approve of and who are statistically more likely to come from the poorer end of society. If that's your path to enlightenment I think I'll go a different way, Grasshopper.

Anything else you'd like to know?
Last year I wavered my inheritence for the betterment of others.

My condition doesn't allow me to lie...anything else you'd like to know?

ps. Tough love is still love...but if futile character assasination is your thing, I'm cool with that too 👍

Here's a better one, get all the locums on salaries and train enough doctors and nurses up in the UK to save costs recruiting from abroad all the time.

Are the locums not mainly doctors and nurses who we have paid to train and then gone onto do locum work?

Any ailments resulting from over eating, alcoholism, smoking and other destructive drugs will be charged from your account.
My money is hidden in offshore accounts in Switzerland, Helsinki, Geneva and Jersey. What account are you charging it to? The most money in the world is spent on over eating, alcoholism, smoking and drugs. It's what people want and you can't change that with a new 'policy'

Nobody apart from...

You mean?

The Swiss system is not the same as ours.

It’s a universal system but is akin to insurance.

My money is hidden in offshore accounts in Switzerland, Helsinki, Geneva and Jersey. What account are you charging it to? The most money in the world is spent on over eating, alcoholism, smoking and drugs. It's what people want and you can't change that with a new 'policy'
Then I'll find another plan...I'm an evolutionary beast 👍
The Swiss system is not the same as ours.

It’s a universal system but is akin to insurance.
What's all this then...a sub debate on my thread.

I'm not happy about this :(

Last edited:

Back