NFL hats at the match

The Sunderland one's are cheap shite. The NFL one's are fleece-lined and warm as toast.
There you have it. Most will already have an nfl hat of the team they support. Many wear them in the London games as a way of showing support to said team and also to keep their head warm.

Was in the club shop last week and the hats are terrible and the nfl ones are more expensive and much better quality. Create a similar safc one and I'll wear it.

Also, if anyone really has an issue with what someone else wears on their head then they really need to have a word with themselves.

There you have it. Most will already have an nfl hat of the team they support. Many wear them in the London games as a way of showing support to said team and also to keep their head warm.

Was in the club shop last week and the hats are terrible and the nfl ones are more expensive and much better quality. Create a similar safc one and I'll wear it.

Also, if anyone really has an issue with what someone else wears on their head then they really need to have a word with themselves.

I'd happily hand my 25 quid over to the club if they got New Era to make a SAFC bobble hat.

I wanted a Falcons one (only NFL team that play in SAFC colours) but they didn't have one. :(
Sometimes the patriots play in red/white
A bit odd though to wear them to a football match though?

I think it would be weird to wear a Sunderland hat to an American football match.
I wear Sunderland top to all nfl games, it's an ice breaker, surprising how many Sunderland fans you meet in america. The most attention was when Roy Keane was in charge everybody seemed to mention him. Most commented on shirt was "africa" one

Last edited:
Rotherham United actually sell New Era hats with their badge on it. Im surprised more haven’t followed suit given the popularity of NFL hats

I have an Eagles one, bought back as a present from an American colleague (he got a Sunderland scarf to take home from me!). They are great quality, and warm as anything. Wore it to a non-league game at somewhere like Ryhope, and two minutes in this bloke came up and started talking to be about the Eagles and I couldn't get a word in to explain it was "Just a hat I'd been bought". He seemed so happy to have another Eagles "fan" to talk to, that he completely stopped watching the match.

I actually don't mind the NFL, American Football is a decent game when you get passed all the statistics, that you don't need. But when you know what you are watching and looking for it can be entertaining. But literally the only thing I knew about the Eagles is that they are from Philadelphia.

Back