NFL 2021

How about those Lions eh? Roar roar*

*Fluffs mane and waves claws about in half hearted manner before heading off to a long undeserved break. Twats.
I’ve got a bet on for the Lions to get the first pick in the draft..the Jags are winning but the i need the Lions to lose!!
”We’re” Lions lead by donkeys marra. Or more likely donkeys led by donkeys"

Last edited:

Doesn't make a lot of sense to fire the one who actually shows evidence of being pretty good at his job and keep the two who aren't. 24-25 in 3 years with the pile of shit he's had to put out there (Tua most especially included) is a lot better than most coaches would do.

Yeah I’d agree with that. Apparently Flores has been pushing for a Watson trade for a while, and is very much ‘out’ on Tua.

Guessing the GM has the owners ear

Logon or register to see this image

They knacked me bet anarl..Jaguars win so all i need is a Packers win..😡
The Lions organisation probably think they’ll look less incompetent next year by having second choice instead of first. Twats.

I switch off from nfl for years then suddenly have my interest piqued by summet weird, generally someone’s bad behaviour tbh. A quick scurry around the internet and there they are the pride of Detroit: still shite. How do they get away with it? The other owners must be bunging them a few bucks to make everyone else look “good”.

The Lions organisation probably think they’ll look less incompetent next year by having second choice instead of first. Twats.

I switch off from nfl for years then suddenly have my interest piqued by summet weird, generally someone’s bad behaviour tbh. A quick scurry around the internet and there they are the pride of Detroit: still shite. How do they get away with it? The other owners must be bunging them a few bucks to make everyone else look “good”.
They’ve had some poor drafts like..in 2020 they took a CB with the 3rd pick and Justin Herbert was still available..they’ve got 2 first rounders this year..they’ve got to take the highest ranked QB..Jared Goff is hopeless.

Just caught up with all the weekends games, great finish to the season and glad one of them won rather than play out a draw. Haven't got anything against or for the Steelers, just think it would have been a bit shit if they'd drawn on purpose

They’ve had some poor drafts like..in 2020 they took a CB with the 3rd pick and Justin Herbert was still available..they’ve got 2 first rounders this year..they’ve got to take the highest ranked QB..Jared Goff is hopeless.
They had Matt Stafford then though, it's been the utter failure to put a team around him that's been the problem. In the 2020 draft the Raiders used the 12th and 19th picks on players that have murdered someone and threatened to murder someone on Tick Tok whilst holding a rifle. So, ya knaa, swings and roundabouts. :lol:

Always amused me with the Lions that they've had the greatest RB who ever played in the 1990s and one of the best ever WRs in the 2010s, but never seem to be close to anything.

They had Matt Stafford then though, it's been the utter failure to put a team around him that's been the problem. In the 2020 draft the Raiders used the 12th and 19th picks on players that have murdered someone and threatened to murder someone on Tick Tok whilst holding a rifle. So, ya knaa, swings and roundabouts. :lol:

Always amused me with the Lions that they've had the greatest RB who ever played in the 1990s and one of the best ever WRs in the 2010s, but never seem to be close to anything.
Agreed but there was rumblings of it being Staffords last season back then..I mean it’s all hindsight but IMO if there’s a rated QB and you’re in the Lions position then you take him..it might work and it mightn’t..you’ve got to take a gamble where a QB is concerned.

Sounds like the #Jets are open to the idea of trading for proven players this year — something Joe Douglas hasn’t done much to this point.

Said they have the “flexibility” to do that now.

🥳🥳🥳

Yeah I’d agree with that. Apparently Flores has been pushing for a Watson trade for a while, and is very much ‘out’ on Tua.

Guessing the GM has the owners ear
I've never understood the admiration for Tagovailoa. His throwing motion looks like he's throwing a plate-size mince pie, and the results match (all over the place, har har). That's fine when you're at Alabama and have your pick of three receivers who are open by 5 yards on any play, but it's a bit different when you're trying to throw downfield in the NFL.

As for Grier, he's been there since 2016, during which time he has now hired and fired two head coaches while the team's gone 47-50 (the 10-win season largely with a roster he didn't assemble). He's stuck with a mediocre quarterback he drafted instead of the much better quarterback selected with the next pick. So yeah, the fact that he's still around suggests he either has the owners ear or pictures of said owner bucking a sheep.

I've never understood the admiration for Tagovailoa. His throwing motion looks like he's throwing a plate-size mince pie, and the results match (all over the place, har har). That's fine when you're at Alabama and have your pick of three receivers who are open by 5 yards on any play, but it's a bit different when you're trying to throw downfield in the NFL.

As for Grier, he's been there since 2016, during which time he has now hired and fired two head coaches while the team's gone 47-50 (the 10-win season largely with a roster he didn't assemble). He's stuck with a mediocre quarterback he drafted instead of the much better quarterback selected with the next pick. So yeah, the fact that he's still around suggests he either has the owners ear or pictures of said owner bucking a sheep.
Bucking a sheep 😂

Agreed but there was rumblings of it being Staffords last season back then..I mean it’s all hindsight but IMO if there’s a rated QB and you’re in the Lions position then you take him..it might work and it mightn’t..you’ve got to take a gamble where a QB is concerned.
More bust than boom when you're a basket case franchise like the Lions/Raiders/Browns/Jets etc etc. None of these would be able to take the 5th QB taken in any given draft and turn him into rookie of the year, like the Cheatriots.

You have a franchise QB, you handcuff him to the stadium.

I've just seen the McCaskey press conference and my earlier optimism has been crushed.

George McCaskey is taking lead role in finding new GM and Coach, then admitted he is only a football fan and not an evaluator.

Ted Phillips (another non football bloke) is staying in his role and will help George with the GM/coach search. To help with this will be 80 year old Bill Polian in what will be a similar system that got us the winning ticket of Ryan Pace and John Fox

When questioned why they were using the same system that had failed in the past, they stated they had no regrets over hiring Nagy and Pace!!!!

Fckwit Central.

I've said that before, his completion rate was only so good because his throws are mainly 5 yards. Nothing is fluid when he throws the ball, he looks stiff as hell

I've said that before, his completion rate was only so good because his throws are mainly 5 yards. Nothing is fluid when he throws the ball, he looks stiff as hell
Probably something to do with his Dad making him throw left handed when he's naturally right handed, very bizarre decision that.

Back