NFL 2021

I fancy the Lions tonight. Halas Hall went into meltdown this week which was expertly handled by Geordie McCaskey 24 hours later. All is not good behind the scenes.

If the Bears move to Arlington and are not allowed to keep 'Chicago' in the name, there is a rumour the NFL will give Chicago an expansion team....im supporting the expansion team if it happens.
No chance. Its closer to Chicago than Levi's Stadium is to San Francisco, and they let the 49ers keep the name.

It’s Arlington Heights, not Arlington, Texas isn’t it? It’s only 25 miles away from the City centre.

It is but he Bears proposal has pissed off the Mayor and the City especially after it paid for some of the Soldier Field development 20 years ago.

It is unlikely but its not the first time its happened. Back in the 70s, George Halas wanted to move from Wrigley Field and threatened to move the Bears to Arlington Heights. He was told by the Mayor they couldn't take the name Chicago and they would have to go through the courts to use it which would have took years - during which the team would be called Arlington Heights Bears.

Halas backed down and the result was the Bears stayed in Chicago but got to play at Soldier Field.
No chance. Its closer to Chicago than Levi's Stadium is to San Francisco, and they let the 49ers keep the name.

See above

It is but he Bears proposal has pissed off the Mayor and the City especially after it paid for some of the Soldier Field development 20 years ago.

It is unlikely but its not the first time its happened. Back in the 70s, George Halas wanted to move from Wrigley Field and threatened to move the Bears to Arlington Heights. He was told by the Mayor they couldn't take the name Chicago and they would have to go through the courts to use it which would have took years - during which the team would be called Arlington Heights Bears.

Halas backed down and the result was the Bears stayed in Chicago but got to play at Soldier Field.

See above

Is it related to land ownership? I've only been outside the stadium but it's a beauty and it's practically downtown. Can't see why else they'd wanna move.

Is it related to land ownership? I've only been outside the stadium but it's a beauty and it's practically downtown. Can't see why else they'd wanna move.

It is. The Bears don't own it and cant even change the turf which has to be field grass.

For the McCaskeys, the main problem is the capacity..its the smallest ground in the NFL reducing their revenue. There is speculation that all of it is the McCaskeys trying to get the city to front up money for another redevelopment but its difficult to see how they can. Anything they build has to be inside the colonnades that surround it and they seem to have exhausted that option.

It is. The Bears don't own it and cant even change the turf which has to be field grass.

For the McCaskeys, the main problem is the capacity..its the smallest ground in the NFL reducing their revenue. There is speculation that all of it is the McCaskeys trying to get the city to front up money for another redevelopment but its difficult to see how they can. Anything they build has to be inside the colonnades that surround it and they seem to have exhausted that option.
Yeah I like Soldier Field but it’s long been considered small/old by NFL standards, at least by Bears fans. The limitations you mention in terms of development must have an impact on the all-important opportunities to make money.

Yeah I like Soldier Field but it’s long been considered small/old by NFL standards, at least by Bears fans. The limitations you mention in terms of development must have an impact on the all-important opportunities to make money.

Yep thats the crux of it. Apparantly the McCaskey family have no other business interests and take all their money from the Bears so maximising profit is in their best interests.

Well at least that shit fest is over. Can enjoy the rest of the night now

See above
I was not aware of that, different world now though.

Right then, let's put these Cowgirls on their arses.
Sweeeeeeet. :cool:

Last edited:

Back