NFL 2021

Could Mahomes be a realistic challenger? On for his third SB appearance already.
Just needs the Chiefs to start deflating balls and spying on teams and he may do it! But seriously if he follows in what he's done in his short career so far then he'll definitely be seen as a better QB than Brady just might not win as many superbowls as Brady.

Tom Brady won 7 Super Bowls in 22 years. The most any franchise has managed in 100 years is 6.

The greatest quarterback of all time.

I didn’t particularly like Brady (can’t stand the Patriots) because he used to win all of the time but you have to take a step back at news like this and just admire the man’s body of work. The competitive nature, the absolute hatred of losing that kept him at the top for more than 2 decades. He was incredible and there won’t be anyone like him again, certainly not in our lifetimes.

The accolades and tributes will pour in over the coming days and he deserves them all.

55 years, it's Superbowl 56 this year. It's still a ridiculous record though nonetheless

And we are ready for the off. Another stupidly warbled anthem at the start

I would like to see a Bengals v Rams SB but think the chiefs will get there

He only has 1 year remaining because as part of his agreement to come back this season he voided the 2023 season from his contract. He did it so as not to be a "lame duck" quarterback, giving him more say in his future. I believe it's about $26m for 2022.

I imagine multiple 1st round picks minimum will be required, he is going to be the MVP after all.
Multiple firsts for a guy on a 1-year deal is too much. That's essentially asking someone to trade eight years of cheap, team-controlled play from two starting-caliber players for one year of a 38-year-old who is owed $26 million, which is a cheap salary for a player of his caliber but only produces savings for one year.

A trade like that works this way for the GM: you either win the Super Bowl with Rodgers, or two years later you get fired because you're missing multiple good players on cheap contracts because you traded the picks.

For example, compare that to the Matt Stafford trade: 2 first round picks, yes, but Stafford had two years on his contract and the Lions also took Goff's contract off LA's hands. Rodgers is better than Stafford, but he's also much older and you only get him for one year.

Yet someone will probably give Green Bay multiple firsts, because at any given time there are around 8-10 Dave Gettlemans running front offices around the league. I'd start with the f***ing moron in charge in Miami.

Not over yet, but Bengals on life support. That was one tackle saving what otherwise would have been a touchdown on every drive. Game would be dead if KC had kicked there.

Could be huge that. Still need a stop to start 2nd half though.
Would make it interesting that’s for sure. Chiefs look to bo coasting it but the NFL has some mental changes of momentum in games so looking forward to the second half

Some daft twat scheduled this game at the same time as the Canada v USA WC qualifier so I’m trying to double screen both games

Back