NFL 2021

I really thought we’d overcame our lack of situational awareness. We had the same issue last year in the Arizona game where we gave them really easy yards in similar fashion and then they broke contain and hit the hail Murray but pressure does funny things to players and coaches.

That’s why we love live sport. Crazy. Go again next year. Good luck if your teams still in 👍🏻

Real special teams blunder by buffalo at end of regulation after they scored with 14 secs left... On the kick off, they should have kicked short and forced a return or squibbed it forcing KC to fall on it... Would have eaten up time and given Mahomes one down to work with (not 2).

When they kicked into the end zone for the touch back, I was like "ok, buffalo being buffalo... They're gongna find a way to lose this!" 😂

Last edited:

Real special teams blunder by buffalo at end of regulation after they scored with 14 secs left... On the kick off, they should have kicked short and forced a return or squibbed it forcing KC to fall on it... Would have eaten up time and given Mahomes one down to work with (not 2).

When they kicked into the end zone for the touch back, I was like "ok, buffalo being buffalo... They're gongna find a way to lose this!" 😂
Yeah it was strange. We are pretty good on special teams too, got some good cover guys so I’m surprised they were worried about a chiefs return. Maybe spooked by the Hill return & the fact we struggled to tackle Hardman on his TD? Our coverage has been very good all year from what I can recall so surprised we didn’t trust those guys. It’s unfortunate but it’s the way it goes.

Even then though they have to do more to disrupt the chiefs at the line of scrimmage imo, especially Kelce & Hill. We don’t have the speed in the secondary so we were terrified. I wouldn’t be surprised if they draft a rangey corner with a good 40 time. They’ve been very good at teaching the fundamentals. Tre White normally follows Hill so he was a miss but it’s the NFL so it’s the next man up. They drafted Rousseau & Basham first two rounds last year with the chiefs in mind but Rousseau is very raw & Basham can’t even get activated over Obada in certain weeks. He hasn’t impressed. Need them two to step up for pash rush next year. Wouldn’t be surprised if they draft again with the chiefs in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kicking into the end zone from the restart is a pet peeve of mine. I'd push all kick offs to the 10 yard line or goal line if it were up to me.

Still those two Sunday games were some of the best football I have ever seen.

That was easily one of the greatest matches of any sport I will ever have the pleasure of watching in my life, and the emotional rollercoaster I went on watching it was like nothing I've ever experienced before. Nothing to add to what has been said above, but know this - it sounds hollow to say "there's always next year", but this team just keeps getting better and our time is coming. We have a young squad, the best damn quarterback in the NFL, and they will only get better.

Particular praise to Gabe Davis. What a performance from a rookie.

Go Bengals.

Tell you what it's depressing being in the AFC without a franchise QB right now, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Herbert, Burrow...Just a stupid amount of good young QBs!
Potentially Lawrence and Wilson, potentially.

Nfc full of old men and career backups, hopefully Lance pans out for us and we dominate the nfc for the next few years! That’d be nice

Tell you what it's depressing being in the AFC without a franchise QB right now, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Herbert, Burrow...Just a stupid amount of good young QBs!
Potentially Lawrence and Wilson, potentially.

Nfc full of old men and career backups, hopefully Lance pans out for us and we dominate the nfc for the next few years! That’d be nice
AND DEREK CARR.

Can't believe you both missed him. :evil:

I'll be watching his career with interest.
The kid could be absolutely anything to be honest. No doubting though if you could script the ideal situation for a very raw rookie QB to be drafted into, his experience this year would be pretty close to it.
He’s 1st start was ok ish, not great. He’s second started similar to the 1st, but the 2nd half of that Texans game once he settled he looked every inch the nfl QB, really impressive, bearing in mind it was a must win game in week 17.
Now he’s around a winning team, that’s gone deep into the playoffs. Couldn’t ask for better prep. The majority of QBs get thrown out there behind a shit line, being coached by shit coaches, with average to shit weapons.
He’s situation is the complete opposite, if he’s got “it” he’ll succeed in SF.

Aye Mac Jones too had a good rookie season, don't think Tua will be anything more than an average starter at best but we'll see.
I think the same about mac jones tbh. If he keeps improving he could be good enough to win with if everything around him is top notch, which there’s a lot to be said for to be fair.

Wow, just finished catching up with all the games after working all day Sunday and Monday. Absolutely brilliant games which just seemed to keep getting better and better with each one. Hopefully we'll get more of the same this weekend
Winning margins totalling just 15 points over the four games, cannot imagine Superbowl history has had a lower total than that
Just nine points in regulation separating the four games

Last edited:
Anyone think Mac Jones joins the list of AFC QBs and Tua. I don't see it at the moment but they could as they get older and maybe better coaching.
No. They don't have the physical attributes to do what Mahomes/Jackson/Allen/Burrow/Herbert do. Jones is closer, but neither one has the arm strength to make throws that all five of those other guys routinely make and neither one has the mobility to do the stuff that the first three (plus Burrow, sometimes) do to get to their throws by design and extend plays when they need to. Jones looks like he'll be an average to above average QB - maybe a slightly better version of Kirk Cousins - but he's not going to turn into Tom Brady-light unless his accuracy and decision-making improve a lot. Possible, but really unlikely. Allen is a unicorn in terms of improvement during his career.

Tagovailoa doesn't even look like a surefire long-term NFL starter to me. Like, what is he good at relative to even average NFL QBs? Mobility - no. Arm strength - hell no; he has one of the weakest arms in the league; accuracy - nope, he misses too high or too low so often they probably lose ~40 yards after the catch every game to his accuracy issues (although he does hit guys on slants well, which helps); brains - too early to tell but it's not enough to make up for the above.

Just announcing on Twitter (rumour) that Sean Payton is retiring and that the Saints will need a new HC.

To be fair he should have gone when Brees retired

Colts DC Matt Eberflus to the Bears, Green Bay OC Nat Hackett to the Broncos.

Not sure about either hire TBH.

Bears fans don't seem happy with Eberflus as they were hoping for an offensive coach that could develop Fields. My hope is he brings in a great OC.

Hackett to the Broncs could be interesting if he decides he wants to bring in a QB

Back