NFL 2020

New member. From Ryhope, if you’s can be arsed to reply how did you lot pick the team you support? out of curiosity if anything

I "picked" the Seahawks at the start of one season about 4 years ago after seeing a SuperBowl a year or 2 before and started watching, but it didn't feel right. So they were "my team" but I wasn't that bothered and watched a lot of the whole league. The thing I found myself rooting for more than anything was a Browns win. They went 1-15 that season blowing a few chances to win and being the laughing stock of the league. It felt right and familiar so they became my team.

New member. From Ryhope, if you’s can be arsed to reply how did you lot pick the team you support? out of curiosity if anything
When it first started on channel 4 I used to like Dallas because my mum used to watch the soap Dallas. I fell away from it, when I started to get back into it a few years ago for some reason I decided to pick Cleveland! Just read @Flash Gordon s reply and I think my reasons for supporting Cleveland are the same as his. Remember willing them to win that season!

Last edited:
I had the NFL on in the background one Sunday and something just clicked with it and enjoyed watching Ben Roethlisberger play and rooted for the Steelers because of that and now I'll be sticking with them long after Ben goes. If you're looking for a team to support I think it's better to just watch some games and see what you end up liking rather than just picking a team and sticking with them.

Bought EA double header Hockey/Madden for the mega drive because it was two games in one. Don't think I had seen seen NFL.
Ended up playing as Green Bay because Brett Favre and Sterling Sharpe were class. As I got a little older started watching on sky and liked how Favre played, balls of steel, taking risks and carried on following them since.

I started following it when they started showing it on channel 4 in the early 80s. Decided I was going to support a new York team so I decided on THE New York Giants. They have been more successful with me supporting them. LT rules.

Seahawks because of the colours...which incidentally is why they sell nearly double the amount of merch as the next most commercially successful team.

Like some others, the Vikings were the first team I ever watched around 1982 and have followed them ever since. Managed to see them live three times, twice at the Metrodome and once at US Bank Stadium.

I had the NFL on in the background one Sunday and something just clicked with it and enjoyed watching Ben Roethlisberger play and rooted for the Steelers because of that and now I'll be sticking with them long after Ben goes. If you're looking for a team to support I think it's better to just watch some games and see what you end up liking rather than just picking a team and sticking with them.
Similar to me, mates I met at 6th form got me in to playing fantasy, watched a few NFL highlights and used to love watching Ray Lewis destroying people. Became a Ravens fan and never looked back. Also did one of those shitty little "What NFL team are you?" quizzes and got the Ravens, so it was fate.

Originally picked the 49’ers from when Montana , Rice, Craig etc were in their prime.
Didn’t want to be a glory hunter so as time’s moved on I’ve aligned to teams that would be in comparison with Sunderland (I.e getting to finals and never winning)
For that reason I have a soft spot for The Buffalo Bills and Minnesota Vikings.
To be honest I don’t really dislike any team other than The Patriots.

Was going to New York on holiday, and wanted to see a live NfL game, so decided to follow whoever was the home team that day.
It was the Jets, and now I’m stuck with them infuriating me every single Sunday.

Last time I went to New York it was the Giants v Jets, was gutted when I realised my flight landed as it was kicking off. Would've loved to have gone (not sure our lass was as gutted mind)

Back