NFL 2020

49’ers Richard Sherman placed on I.R for at least 3 weeks as well.
Ffs man, that’s all we need after Sunday’s horror show.
Got a great opportunity Sunday against the Jets, but if we struggle/ loose I’ll be very concerned for the season.
jets, browns, and I hate to say it 49ers the 3 worst looking teams I saw from week 1. I’m sure the other 2 are shite though and we can sort it out. We were very poor but still should have beat Arizona at the end.

Ffs man, that’s all we need after Sunday’s horror show.
Got a great opportunity Sunday against the Jets, but if we struggle/ loose I’ll be very concerned for the season.
jets, browns, and I hate to say it 49ers the 3 worst looking teams I saw from week 1. I’m sure the other 2 are shite though and we can sort it out. We were very poor but still should have beat Arizona at the end.

Unfortunately I can’t see past the Seahawks for the NFC West this year.
They looked pretty good last weekend.

Who was that random bloke talking about the sandwich FFS?? 🤣

I don't think I made it that far. Watched about five/ten minutes then kept forwarding it a few to see if it was still horrendous which it was and I turned it off
So with the BBC dropping the highlights show there is actually one on! NFL show on BBC and Endzone on 5 just talk about the upcoming games and Sky show individual highlights of each game. Would rather one of them just put on a one hour highlights show.

The BBC's Saturday night show is going to be longer so I imagine it'll have the previous week's highlights on. Still, it's a bit rubbish they don't have the two a week anymore

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can’t see past the Seahawks for the NFC West this year.
They looked pretty good last weekend.

Can't take too much from opening games with no preseason. Lots of new players trying to blend in together with new formations and plays. Could very easily see a few teams making late runs for the playoffs that didn't look up to much at the start of this season I reckon

I don't think I made it that far. Watched about five/ten minutes then kept forwarding it a few to see if it was still horrendous which it was and I turned it off

The BBC's Saturday night show is going to be longer so I imagine it'll have the previous week's highlights on. Still, it's a bit rubbish they don't have the two a week anymore

Anyone know why the bbc dropped the midweek show. Don't really want to wait 7 days for the highlights and I'm not watching Sky's extended highlight either. I liked the MOTD style show.

Good win for the Browns last night. It was nice to see Mayfield looking more confident in his play and that Running back combination is as good as anything else out there.

Burrow looks good though, he's going to be some player.

Anyone know why the bbc dropped the midweek show. Don't really want to wait 7 days for the highlights and I'm not watching Sky's extended highlight either. I liked the MOTD style show.
Me too. If they were going to drop any show then it should have been the Saturday one as its just them previewing the upcoming games, they can do that on the highlights show. Saying that I'm sure last season the highlights show started a few weeks in, maybe they are doing the same.
Good win for the Browns last night. It was nice to see Mayfield looking more confident in his play and that Running back combination is as good as anything else out there.

Burrow looks good though, he's going to be some player.
Didn't stay up to watch but vitality important we got the win. Was impressed with Burrows against the chargers.

Be interesting to know how much spurs are losing due to no nFL games this year . I’d imagine it’s in their business model

New member. From Ryhope, if you’s can be arsed to reply how did you lot pick the team you support? out of curiosity if anything

I don't really support any of them, makes it far more enjoyable for me. When I was young I liked The Dolphins because of Marino but then went a few years without following the sport at all. When I got back into it I wasn't bothered who won or lost and just enjoyed the game for what it is.
I support Sunderland, Hartlepool and England in football and f***ing hate football as a result so I'm not doing that to NFL :lol:

New member. From Ryhope, if you’s can be arsed to reply how did you lot pick the team you support? out of curiosity if anything
I watched without a team for about a year mate, every team I thought about just didn’t feel right.
Then early last year, week 4, 5, or 6 i was watching the 49ers play for some reason and that was that, I’d never seen the game played like that (loads of clever deception Run plays, really fast short passes) and I loved it.
so now I’m a 49ers fan.
I watched without a team for about a year mate, every team I thought about just didn’t feel right.
Then early last year, week 4, 5, or 6 i was watching the 49ers play for some reason and that was that, I’d never seen the game played like that (loads of clever deception Run plays, really fast short passes) and I loved it.
so now I’m a 49ers fan.
Also, if you’re watching redzone it might be difficult to get a feel for a team, try watching the extended highlights of games when they’re on and you might get more of a feel for a team.
I used to hate this game, my brothers been into it for years, I only started watching it as I was betting, and making a lot of money at the time on it. Now I actually much prefer it to footie, as sad as that makes me!
I don't really support any of them, makes it far more enjoyable for me. When I was young I liked The Dolphins because of Marino but then went a few years without following the sport at all. When I got back into it I wasn't bothered who won or lost and just enjoyed the game for what it is.
I support Sunderland, Hartlepool and England in football and f***ing hate football as a result so I'm not doing that to NFL :lol:
As I’ve said there I’m a 49ers fan now, but at the minute I’m also like you I can watch the game and appreciate it for what it is.

Last edited:

85 Bears - amazing team full of huge personalities destroyed the Pats to win through superbowl. My dad was a fan and when i started watching the game on Sunday nights in 86 I supported his team.

And they have won fuck all ever since

Hi mate, I've been following the Cowboys since the NFL first came to our TV screens in the early to mid 1980's. There was a bunch of us at school who got into it at the same time and we all adopted teams.

For me I think it was because Tom Landry reminded me of Bob Stoke as he always wore what looked to me to be a similar kind of hat.

I got seriously into NFL and would listen to the live radio coverage of games on American Forces Network radio which you could get in the UK on medium wave radio although some nights the signal was better than others and it would phase in and out at times. Happy days 🙂

Last edited:

Who I enjoyed playing as on madden. Started watching on a Sunday and it just felt right having a team to follow compared to having a general interest.

When it first came on TV (80's?) I liked the Seahawks logo so went with them. If I'd known the coverage we get now (via dodgy box) where I can watch every game, I'd have picked an east coast team! They were decidedly average for the most part but the last 10yrs has been fun. A lot jumped on the bandwagon after the Superbowl win but I remember (just) the days of Steve Largent, Curt Warner and Chuck Knox. Saw a game in the old Kingdome before it was demolished and remember thinking how wonderful a stadium it was!!

Back