NFL 2020

I was on about Tony Romo sayi... ah, Never mind

I have just watched it and Tony Romo is a god like genius calling plays but fuck me his ankle is 90 degrees away from normal when he said the cramp comment. I guess he hadn’t seen or appreciated the footage.

One thing about these awful injuries - players generally keep very still. I cant understand how refs see someone rolling round like a toddler and assume that they have been badly injured

This season is really turning into farce and a logistical nightmare with the current and future impact of COVID. Was it really worth it?. Was it really worth the potential career ending / shortening injuries suffered by Saquan Barkley, Nick Bosa, Dak Prescott and many others just to try and get through a season that either may not finish or where the results will be hugely impacted by COVID along the way. It feels like what we are seeing in New England & Tennessee is just the start.

There wasn’t really a choice - should be nowhere near 0-5!
In the previous 4 games we were soundly beaten by Green Bay and the Seahawks, however in the other 2 we managed to find defeat like only the Falcons could.
Yesterday was just pathetic.

This season is really turning into farce and a logistical nightmare with the current and future impact of COVID. Was it really worth it?. Was it really worth the potential career ending / shortening injuries suffered by Saquan Barkley, Nick Bosa, Dak Prescott and many others just to try and get through a season that either may not finish or where the results will be hugely impacted by COVID along the way. It feels like what we are seeing in New England & Tennessee is just the start.

But nothing stops the NFL.

Likes of Daks injury wasn’t to do with a reduced pre season mind. Just unlucky.

I don’t know why the league only have 1 buy week and why they don’t have a week 18 flex week. Needs revised as soon as possible.

Also all major sports are going ahead and the players had the option of opting out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes of Daks injury wasn’t to do with a reduced pre season mind. Just unlucky.

I don’t know why the league only have 1 buy week and why they don’t have a week 18 flex week. Needs revised as soon as possible.

Also all major sports are going ahead and the players had the option of opting out.

Very true, I think where you'll see the impact of lack of pre season is when it comes to hamstring injuries etc. Already talk of either pausing the season or bringing in a second bye for teams for a bit of breathing room. Not sure if you've seen but through the games last night it was sneaked out that 5 games have been re-arranged.

Suspect you'll get a situation where teams will have to play multiple times per week. They need to hit teams like the Titans players hard. Teams can enforce what happens at the facility but players need held to account themselves.

Think it’s very likely that the regular season will finish incomplete with play off standings calculated on a percentage win basis.

THAT’S when the really fur will fly 😎

Back