NFL 2019

Watson to the Pats rumours seem to be picking up, Pats are supposed to suffer for years ffs.

Lets hope not. I reckon I’ll be completely done with the Texans if they do that.

Bill O’Brien is a f***ing loose cannon who should have been dumped at the end of the season.

Trading DeAndre was bad enough.

Newton has been working out with Taylor at the Chargers. Could be something in it?

Could be worth a 1 year deal and select another position at 6th in the draft.

Jordon Love could still be on the board even at their early 2nd round pick.

I am no expert btw

The Patriots are going with Stidham. They have to. They have no cap space ($700K as it stands now) and its very difficult for them to free much up. They have around $25m in dead cap money this year from Brady, Bennett, Harmon etc.... They can only free up cap space by:
  • Trading (after Jun 1) or extending Stephon Gilmore (trading definitely an option, his stock never higher, big depth at CB and would save $11m in cap space)
  • Trading or extending Joe Tuney (trade saves $14m cap space)
  • Cutting or extending Mohammed Sanu (doubt anyone would want to trade for him - no dead money if they cut him)
  • Cutting or extending Donte Hightower (too old to make a trade worthwhile)
  • Trading Julian Edelman (to Tampa Bay?) - $8m dead money so they cant cut him.
  • Cutting Marcus Cannon - saves $5m if cut before Jun 1st or $7m if cut after Jun 1st.

The Patriots are going with Stidham. They have to. They have no cap space ($700K as it stands now) and its very difficult for them to free much up. They have around $25m in dead cap money this year from Brady, Bennett, Harmon etc.... They can only free up cap space by:
  • Trading (after Jun 1) or extending Stephon Gilmore (trading definitely an option, his stock never higher, big depth at CB and would save $11m in cap space)
  • Cutting or extending Mohammed Sanu (doubt anyone would want to trade for him - no dead money if they cut him)
  • Cutting Marcus Cannon - saves $5m if cut before Jun 1st or $7m if cut after Jun 1st.

Good summary of things there and agree they'll go with unexperienced QB or a 1 year vet. I'm certain they'll wait for the '21 draft to address the position long term because the QBs could be arguably better than this years with Lawrence + Fields

Edit: See Brockers failed his physical with the Ravens so deal is off. Shame as he'd be a great addition

I'd love to see the Browns making a move for Gilmore to play opposite Ward. No idea what the cost would be, but we have the cap space to accommodate him. I can't see us giving up a first as LT has to be a priority, but we have a 2nd a couple of 3rds and a solid young CB in Greedy Williams which could be cards to play.

Back