NFL 2018

Pats will be fine and is reminiscent of last year where they had a slow start too. Not sure Edelman returning will take that much coverage away from Gronk as he'll take up the same role that Hogan currently has and Gordon, we all still don't know what impact and game time he'll have. They've always relied on scheme and game planning to win the games over anything/anyone else

Fair points. I'll never understand the decision to get rid of Cooks to be honest - excellent WR in my opinion, and really added to their passing game. Obviously Bellichek knows more than me, but just found it an odd decision.

Pats will be fine and is reminiscent of last year where they had a slow start too. Not sure Edelman returning will take that much coverage away from Gronk as he'll take up the same role that Hogan currently has and Gordon, we all still don't know what impact and game time he'll have. They've always relied on scheme and game planning to win the games over anything/anyone else

Difficult schedule though & if they lose to the Fins next they're suddenly 3 games behind & losing the tiebreaker. They'll still win the division but in for more of a fight than the experts all predicted

Fair points. I'll never understand the decision to get rid of Cooks to be honest - excellent WR in my opinion, and really added to their passing game. Obviously Bellichek knows more than me, but just found it an odd decision.

Totally agree about Cooks, one of the better WRs in the league but in hindsight he didn't really suit the way the Pats play the game either so was a bizarre signing all in all. Suits the Rams much better

In Tannehill's last 11 starts the Dolphins have won 10 of them!

Plenty of upsets over the weekend and hopefully we can add to them by beaten the Bucs tonight (never thought I'd say that).

What games are subject to blackout on the NFL game pass (because of sky)?

I forked out £140 or summit for the game pass and couldn’t even watch the Steelers last week because of Sky showing it, and they’re on again tonight.

What games are subject to blackout on the NFL game pass (because of sky)?

I forked out £140 or summit for the game pass and couldn’t even watch the Steelers last week because of Sky showing it, and they’re on again tonight.

Tonight will be fine mate.

Basically, the only games blacked out are the ones which Sky choose to show, so the 6pm and 9pm Sunday games.

The other TV games (TNF, SNF,MNF) Sky have no say over, it's the American networks/NFLs decision, and them ones are all on gamepass.

The Jets named as one of the teams looking to trade for Bell, hopefully got some decent linebackers they can send our way in return!

Last edited:
The Jets named as one of the teams looking to trade for Bell, hopefully got some decent linebackers they can send our way in return!

Yeah I've seen this. I'd hope we'd be giving no more than a mid-round draft pick for what would be a rental.

Long term I'm conflicted. I'm excited by the idea of him, he's obviously more exciting than Billy Powell and would help Darnold out a lot. We'd be more enjoyable to watch.

However, it'd be a lot of money to commit to running back with a shitload of miles behind him, coming up to the normal "breaking down" age for a RB and for a team who are a while away from contending. And, as well.....he's a running back. As good as he is, he doesn't turn a team into a Superbowl winner, and you can get food production from cheap ones generally.

Yeah I've seen this. I'd hope we'd be giving no more than a mid-round draft pick for what would be a rental.

Long term I'm conflicted. I'm excited by the idea of him, he's obviously more exciting than Billy Powell and would help Darnold out a lot. We'd be more enjoyable to watch.

However, it'd be a lot of money to commit to running back with a shitload of miles behind him, coming up to the normal "breaking down" age for a RB and for a team who are a while away from contending. And, as well.....he's a running back. As good as he is, he doesn't turn a team into a Superbowl winner, and you can get food production from cheap ones generally.
We'll get a third round comp pick for him so it'll have to be something better than that and I can't see anyone stumping up that for someone who could leave them at the end of the season, he'd be a big help to a rookie QB mind he'd help take the pressure off Darnold also give him a good target to have on passing downs and he's good for picking up blitzes and blocking which is an underrated part of his game but more than a 3rd rounder plus the $15m+ a year he's asking for is far too much for a running back with injury and suspension history. I think he'll end up at the Colts, they have a huge amount of cap space next season.

We'll get a third round comp pick for him so it'll have to be something better than that and I can't see anyone stumping up that for someone who could leave them at the end of the season, he'd be a big help to a rookie QB mind he'd help take the pressure off Darnold also give him a good target to have on passing downs and he's good for picking up blitzes and blocking which is an underrated part of his game but more than a 3rd rounder plus the $15m+ a year he's asking for is far too much for a running back with injury and suspension history. I think he'll end up at the Colts, they have a huge amount of cap space next season.

Good shout about the Colts. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like the Jags came in with him to see them through end of season for their Superbowl push, especially if Fournette remains injured (or even if not as he is an upgrade shirt term)

Good shout about the Colts. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like the Jags came in with him to see them through end of season for their Superbowl push, especially if Fournette remains injured (or even if not as he is an upgrade shirt term)
The problem with that is even with the bad start I don't think they'd let him go to a AFC rival.

Back