NFL 2018

Fancy swapping DB & WR scouts around then? :lol: ... you know our success in that position compared to WR. Issue is with your roster on offense, I can't see where you fit in 3 WR sets with Lev Bell being used in the passing game too. The way JuJu hit the ground running I cant see how Washington gets many snaps.

Think our division this year is going to be tight mind. I'll say it now, wouldn't surprise me one bit to see CIN finish bottom. We've massively overhauled the WR group and they compliment each other brilliantly, TE group suddenly looks very good with Hurst, Andrews, Williams and either Waller/Boyle.

Main worry is the OL. No injuries and i think we'll be alright but its the position you need plenty depth at and we haven't got a set C yet
Yeah I don't know what we're going to do on offense when it comes to fitting them all in, we've resigned Eli Rodgers too so that's 4 and undrafted rookie Damoun Patterson has looked good in the first two pre season games so I'm not sure who's going to make way. We have depth at RB too James Conner broke off some beastmode like runs yesterday, O line should still be a top 5 O line same players although they are starting to get on in age now only weakness is we don't have a good TE, Macdonald showed flashes last season and Jesse James is average.

After last seasons predictions I don't think I should be making anymore! You lot do look worryingly stronger in the Offense and now Dean Pees has gone maybe your defense will step up in the big games and not bottle them. (I was reading some ravens opinions after the Bengals game last season and most seem to blame Pees for the defense not showing up in the big games) Both the Bengals and Browns have a HC problem, both have potential but if they don't get rid of them they're going to be poor/average.

What’s it like to play difficulty wise? Haven’t a f***ing clue about the plays :D
Whatever you do don't play on all madden, I started on the difficulty lower than that and took a bit to get used to it but now it's too easy for me what I will say is it gives you can idea about formations, positions, run routes etc but you'll learn ways to win on Madden that don't happen in actual NFL games like constantly running the ball.

Alright once you get used to it. It's all about understanding the personel really. When I started watching & playing the older madden games I swapped my first round draft pick for a 99 full back :lol:
In my last save I had 9 first round draft picks, it's far too easy to get draft picks like.

Edit: I misread that for you swapping a full back for a 1st round pick, ouch. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know what we're going to do on offense when it comes to fitting them all in, we've resigned Eli Rodgers too so that's 4 and undrafted rookie Damoun Patterson has looked good in the first two pre season games so I'm not sure who's going to make way. We have depth at RB too James Conner broke off some beastmode like runs yesterday, O line should still be a top 5 O line same players although they are starting to get on in age now only weakness is we don't have a good TE, Macdonald showed flashes last season and Jesse James is average.

After last seasons predictions I don't think I should be making anymore! You lot do look worryingly stronger in the Offense and now Dean Pees has gone maybe your defense will step up in the big games and not bottle them. (I was reading some ravens opinions after the Bengals game last season and most seem to blame Pees for the defense not showing up in the big games) Both the Bengals and Browns have a HC problem, both have potential but if they don't get rid of them they're going to be poor/average.

Whatever you do don't play on all madden, I started on the difficulty lower than that and took a bit to get used to it but now it's too easy for me what I will say is it gives you can idea about formations, positions, run routes etc but you'll learn ways to win on Madden that don't happen in actual NFL games like constantly running the ball.

In my last save I had 9 first round draft picks, it's far too easy to get draft picks like.

Edit: I misread that for you swapping a full back for a 1st round pick, ouch. :lol:

I assembled the worst team of all time & couldn't make it to the 10 on kick offs. Also got sacked as soon as id snap the ball. Would just run 4 verts as I didn't have a clue. Think Madden 2002 first one I had but took me years to learn what to do :lol:

Will do, Greenbay packers were the first I ever watched... probably go for them and someone else.

That's as good a reason as any! I'd definitely recommend the Packers, will be in the playoff mix this season provided Rodgers stays healthy and are definitely the most exciting playoff team.

Whether it's only losing 1 game all season and then losing the first play off game at home, or losing in the highest scoring play off game in history, or throwing away a 19-7 lead when 2 mins away from the Super Bowl to actually winning the f***ing thing. All happened in the last 9 seasons.

Oh and our first 2 games are against the 2 biggest rivals, Bears and Vikings. And both should be live on sky, Bears game in week 1 definitely is.

I assembled the worst team of all time & couldn't make it to the 10 on kick offs. Also got sacked as soon as id snap the ball. Would just run 4 verts as I didn't have a clue. Think Madden 2002 first one I had but took me years to learn what to do :lol:

Just watched a roundup of all Josh Allen's snaps vs Browns, moves around like Cam Newton :eek:

Could be decent.

In other news I've done fuck all at work.

Last edited:
That's as good a reason as any! I'd definitely recommend the Packers, will be in the playoff mix this season provided Rodgers stays healthy and are definitely the most exciting playoff team.

Whether it's only losing 1 game all season and then losing the first play off game at home, or losing in the highest scoring play off game in history, or throwing away a 19-7 lead when 2 mins away from the Super Bowl to actually winning the f***ing thing. All happened in the last 9 seasons.

Oh and our first 2 games are against the 2 biggest rivals, Bears and Vikings. And both should be live on sky, Bears game in week 1 definitely is.

Just watched a roundup of all Josh Allen's snaps vs Browns, moves around like Cam Newton :eek:

Could be decent.

In other news I've done fuck all at work.

He's doing alright. Not sure who'll start week 1 but thinking it could be Peterman. Allen is putting a good claim forward especially when he's only playing with 3rd string. His arm strength is frightening and if you have a good vertical threat WR I don't see how you could defend against a well thrown ball

I’ve seen a lot of Rodgers on highlight reels I’ve watched. They’re definitely the team for me, sounds like a lot of excitement. I shall be looking forward to the upcoming season, can’t wait.

A.J. McCarron has broken his collarbone, maybe Josh Allen will be the week one starter now in Buffalo.

I know it's just pre season but Josh Allen is looking far better than I thought he would I thought he'd be another Paxton Lynch, he reminds me alot of Big Ben his build, his mobility (at least in Bens younger years, both have an identical 40 time) and pocket presence, I hope the Bills give Allen some games as either way it's going to be entertaining to watch.

Whose the commish for the SMB Masters League? Notice the draft is set for 29th @ 20:00 ... That still the case so i know to pencil it in? Cheers

Ravens v colts pre season game highlights on skysports action throughout the day

The bloke talking about the Hog being the best lineman reminded me of Wilko & Cotterill talking about Geese for formations

Really starting to like the Browns after watching Hardknocks as you get a good insite to the manager and players.

Think Hue Jackson is a bit of a tit myself, but I like the Browns and think Baker Mayfield will be entertaining, loved all his bravado stuff at Oklahoma. Might even choose Browns destruction vs the Steelers in week 1 as the first game I watch.

Back