NFL 2018

Where’s best to read news and get info on players?

Just started watching so my knowledge on the players is very limited.
Download the official NFL app on play store.

You get alerts when anything happens

Also official NFL on YouTube, subscribe and you get videos of news, highlights etc etc

By the way, are you a Browns fan, like most on here?

Download the official NFL app on play store.

You get alerts when anything happens

Also official NFL on YouTube, subscribe and you get videos of news, highlights etc etc

By the way, are you a Browns fan, like most on here?
Cheers mate.

Nah, I wouldn’t mind watching a team that wins every now and then. Don’t know who to go with yet, might do a random draw for myself :lol:

I'm in the same boat mate. This year's Super Bowl got me hooked and I've gone for the Jets because New York is the only city in the USA I've actually been to and I think actually enjoying watching my team, as a Sunderland fan, would be uncomfortable.

The Around The NFL and Stick To Football podcasts are useful for getting an overview of the league.

I'm in the same boat mate. This year's Super Bowl got me hooked and I've gone for the Jets because New York is the only city in the USA I've actually been to and I think actually enjoying watching my team, as a Sunderland fan, would be uncomfortable.

The Around The NFL and Stick To Football podcasts are useful for getting an overview of the league.
The NFL app is excellent. You can set it for your favourite team and you get alerts all the time.

There are live streams of the NFL channel for free and highlights of all games.

Just checked the app and on NFL now, they are showing a jets match

Last edited by a moderator:

What the others have said is spot on regarding content to watch and listen etc but honestly, getting involved in fantasy leagues is also a really good way to get to know the players and the positions / teams they represent and understand more about the league.

Its far more engaging than say premier league fantasy football and you'll find yourself learning more watching your team develop if that makes sense

What the others have said is spot on regarding content to watch and listen etc but honestly, getting involved in fantasy leagues is also a really good way to get to know the players and the positions / teams they represent and understand more about the league.

Its far more engaging than say premier league fantasy football and you'll find yourself learning more watching your team develop if that makes sense
I’ll have a look at it tonight, cheers for the advice. I know all the rules and different positions. Unsure on the players and some of the plays they make but that’ll come with watching. Looking forward to getting into it.

The TE is ryback with hair.

If Ryback & Tyler Breeze had a bairn

If you're a gamer then play the madden game. Helped me learn the players anyways when I first started :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Spot on. The only reason I could fathom him leaving you're lot to go to the Browns is he knows HJ is on the hot seat. Browns have a pretty talented roster now so if he messes up I can't see him being kept on any longer.
I'm not sure how much him leaving was down to wanting to go or Steelers wanting rid it seemed to be at boiling point between him and Ben, they were talking to each other through the assistant OC at the end so one of him or Ben had to go and obviously they're not getting rid of Ben. I will say Haley is a good OC at everything bar the play calling which is canny important, strangely I think the Browns would improve if Hue and Haley swapped jobs.

Watched parts of the game last night, same old defence and once again look like we've found another star WR in Washington if only we find CBs like we do WRs.

I'm not sure how much him leaving was down to wanting to go or Steelers wanting rid it seemed to be at boiling point between him and Ben, they were talking to each other through the assistant OC at the end so one of him or Ben had to go and obviously they're not getting rid of Ben. I will say Haley is a good OC at everything bar the play calling which is canny important, strangely I think the Browns would improve if Hue and Haley swapped jobs.

Watched parts of the game last night, same old defence and once again look like we've found another star WR in Washington if only we find CBs like we do WRs.

Fancy swapping DB & WR scouts around then? :lol: ... you know our success in that position compared to WR. Issue is with your roster on offense, I can't see where you fit in 3 WR sets with Lev Bell being used in the passing game too. The way JuJu hit the ground running I cant see how Washington gets many snaps.

Think our division this year is going to be tight mind. I'll say it now, wouldn't surprise me one bit to see CIN finish bottom. We've massively overhauled the WR group and they compliment each other brilliantly, TE group suddenly looks very good with Hurst, Andrews, Williams and either Waller/Boyle.

Main worry is the OL. No injuries and i think we'll be alright but its the position you need plenty depth at and we haven't got a set C yet

What’s it like to play difficulty wise? Haven’t a f***ing clue about the plays :D

Alright once you get used to it. It's all about understanding the personel really. When I started watching & playing the older madden games I swapped my first round draft pick for a 99 full back :lol:

Back