NFL 2018

Really good signing and improves our secondary by a considerable margin which takes some doing considering we were the number 1 def last season. Our secondary potentially one of the best in NFL now. Can see us playing a lot of cover one letting Jefferson become more of a run blocker or helping ILBs vs TEs where we struggled last season. More of a ball hawk and quicker around the field than Weddle.

See Moncrief has signed for two years with your lot. Not too bad a low risk signing imo
Moncrief ticks the boxes of what we needed 6 ft 2, deep threat and red zone threat, not expecting him to be great but he got near 700 yards with Bortles as QB so should get near a 1000 with Ben.

Jesus, the Browns are doing it so right, surrounding Mayfield with talent and really taking advantage of rookie QB window.

Good for themt their fans deserve it, but I'm very, very jealous.

At least we've just sign Lev Bell, and at a (surprisingly) decent price.

Still foaming we didn't get a centre, but at least for once we have a legitimate top player on offence for Darnold to use. Chuffed.
Over the moon with Bell, Mosley and Crowder, and Osemele was a great trade. We are desperate for more O-line help, especially a center, and have to find an edge rusher and some improvement at cornerback. We can't be done yet, surely? Huge risk to go into the draft with so many holes still to plug.

Been a few comments knocking about that the OBJ trade was down to a clash of personalities with Dave Gettleman..seen it on NFL network and a few similar comments on Twitter..awful trade for the Giants IMO.

The Jets?

I used to follow American Football many many years ago. How are the Giants doing, and also the Miami Dophins?

Last edited by a moderator:
How come the Jets have released Myers & Roberts?

The short answer is becase they think they're smarter than they actually are.

To be fair, Myers had on random great year, and has got a fairly pricey deal for a kicker. I generally think you can find alright kickers for pretty cheap, so i'm not that fussed.

Feel it was daft to let Roberts go, he was superb last year and part of our superb special teams. I'm guessing their logic is they want players who can contribue overall and on ST/Returns (Crowder I'd imagine, and they signed a lad called Bellamy who is a STer who Gase tends to like). Still not a fan of the move.

Our special teams last year were superb, possibly the best in the league, and we've let the above two go as well as Brooks (who's joined the Pats) and Louis-Pierre, both played a key role in ST. Risky move, but hopefully we can replace with better 'all round' players.

To be fair, Myers had on random great year, and has got a fairly pricey deal for a kicker. I generally think you can find alright kickers for pretty cheap, so i'm not that fussed.

Feel it was daft to let Roberts go, he was superb last year and part of our superb special teams. I'm guessing their logic is they want players who can contribue overall and on ST/Returns (Crowder I'd imagine, and they signed a lad called Bellamy who is a STer who Gase tends to like). Still not a fan of the move.

Our special teams last year were superb, possibly the best in the league, and we've let the above two go as well as Brooks (who's joined the Pats) and Louis-Pierre, both played a key role in ST. Risky move, but hopefully we can replace with better 'all round' players.

Fair enough. Strange as Roberts was all pro & Myers was pro bowl.

Roberts has signed for the Bills anyways and reckons he signed because he wants to play against the Jets twice a year so wasn't sure if something had went off there at some point.

As a rogue Englishman looking for the best entertainment what NFL should I choose to support?

Crowder got taken off return duty for the skins when he fumbled 3 in 4 games, having said that he is a decent slot receiver and should do well for you.

Wonder what the hell is going on behind the scenes in Pittsburgh, Bell and Brown both fed up of Big Ben and when you have someone like Jesse James saying they’re relieved to be in bloody Detroit you have to say it doesn’t bode well.

Smith-Schuster is electric but they’ve lost so much talent it’s hard to see them seriously competing against a resurgent Ravens and a loaded looking Browns. :eek:

Wonder what the hell is going on behind the scenes in Pittsburgh, Bell and Brown both fed up of Big Ben and when you have someone like Jesse James saying they’re relieved to be in bloody Detroit you have to say it doesn’t bode well.

Smith-Schuster is electric but they’ve lost so much talent it’s hard to see them seriously competing against a resurgent Ravens and a loaded looking Browns. :eek:
Jesse James quote was taken out of context, he actually said he would have stayed if we matched the offer and that he loved it in Pittsburgh. Bell came out with a load of nonsense as well complaining about Ben spreading the ball out rather than just keeping Brown happy even though last season we had the best redzone offence in the league also that Ben only wants to win his way well when Bell was playing for us Ben was constantly either throwing the ball to him or Brown so don't see how he can have any complaints about that. As for Brown he's lost a marble or two so can't take anything he says seriously.

I think this offseason has proven to Steelers fans while we had two great talents we wouldn't have won anything with them because of their egos, Ben is by no means perfect but I'll trust the person who's won 2 rings over Brown and Bell who have won fuck all. Actually looking forward to the season first time I can remember us being underdogs for a while we're getting written off when we still have the best O line in the league, Ben should be motivated from this offseason, James Conner filled in fine for Bell, Juju while not on Browns level but is a very good WR, question marks about who can be WR2 really need Washington to step up, defense is young and definitely needs to step up a level but we have one of the best D lines in the league really need to fill that gap left by Shazier and the secondary will still probably be shit. Can definitely see a 10 win season.

Back