NFL 2018

:Lol::lol:

Never knew that. I'll be honest, Ansah was the one on the pass rush market I was never bothers about, I don't really rate him. But seeing as we're getting no bugger anyhow, he'd get a game!

He's officially 29 now but could be 31 & spent 9 games out injured last year so interesting one. Reminds me of that Lazio u21 player!

Still think the Jets will end up with Lev Bell. Bit of a blow for youse not picking up Paradis or Morse.

Beckham jr to the Browns:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus, the Browns are doing it so right, surrounding Mayfield with talent and really taking advantage of rookie QB window.

Good for themt their fans deserve it, but I'm very, very jealous.

At least we've just sign Lev Bell, and at a (surprisingly) decent price.

Still foaming we didn't get a centre, but at least for once we have a legitimate top player on offence for Darnold to use. Chuffed.

Last edited:
Greta that the Jets have snapped up Bell, hopefully this year out hasn't slowed him down at all. Still in desperate need of a centre to protect Darnold I feel.

Does any other team have as much talent as the Browns now? Gotta be considered favourites for the AFC North.

Packers sign Preston Smith and Za'Darius Smith from Redskins and Ravens, gotta be honest I know little about them, but I liked what Pettine did last season so nice to see he's being backed. Adrian Amos from the Bears too, ranked as the 8th best safety last season by PFF, a position of desparate need.

Does any other team have as much talent as the Browns now? Gotta be considered favourites for the AFC North.

Packers sign Preston Smith and Za'Darius Smith from Redskins and Ravens, gotta be honest I know little about them, but I liked what Pettine did last season so nice to see he's being backed. Adrian Amos from the Bears too, ranked as the 8th best safety last season by PFF, a position of desparate need.

My favourite defensive player for us last season and wanted him to re-sign above all others including CJ Mosley and Weddle so personally i'm gutted he's left. Probably our best pass rusher season gone as long as played on the inside rather than lining up outside but with his size/build he's good against the run too. Very aggressive against opposite number.

One worry I would have is if last season was an outlier, it was his most productive yes but was it because it was a contract year for him. Still, gutted he's gone as fitted Winks defensive scheme well.

Off topic, I'm all in on 2020 already for the Ravens. Due to have $120m cap space, rookie QB deal and the FA market quality is far superior thank this year. Personally doesn't seem an ideal time to throw big contracts about trying to chase playoff spaces. Glad we've held back

I'm a fan of Smith and it's good to see some good defensive acquisitions. Still hold a faint hope of resigning #52 on a decent deal.

My favourite defensive player for us last season and wanted him to re-sign above all others including CJ Mosley and Weddle so personally i'm gutted he's left. Probably our best pass rusher season gone as long as played on the inside rather than lining up outside but with his size/build he's good against the run too. Very aggressive against opposite number.

One worry I would have is if last season was an outlier, it was his most productive yes but was it because it was a contract year for him. Still, gutted he's gone as fitted Winks defensive scheme well.

Off topic, I'm all in on 2020 already for the Ravens. Due to have $120m cap space, rookie QB deal and the FA market quality is far superior thank this year. Personally doesn't seem an ideal time to throw big contracts about trying to chase playoff spaces. Glad we've held back

Who's free like?

Speaking from advice, as a Jets fan (whose whole life revolves around off season as we're shite during the season), players a year out who are "shaking free" often end up signed or tagged.

Bad timing after you've.just signed Earl Thomas! Good signing mind, we rarely ever sign big in FA but still disappointed in us doing nothing hopefully we'll get Tyrell Williams but not expecting it.

Adding Beckham and the Steelers losing Bell and Brown its wide open for the, now... As for my Giants... another year of shite with Eli under center

Bad timing after you've.just signed Earl Thomas! Good signing mind, we rarely ever sign big in FA but still disappointed in us doing nothing hopefully we'll get Tyrell Williams but not expecting it.

Gone to the Raiders. :cool:

If they can re-sign Jarred Cook, there's suddenly a very decent receiving core in Oakland.

Gone to the Raiders. :cool:

If they can re-sign Jarred Cook, there's suddenly a very decent receiving core in Oakland.
Fuck sake. :cry: We're going to need to find a WR who's a deep threat in the draft.

On the subject of the Raiders though, Brown turned up late to a press conference and then said this “There will be a new standard. … There will be fines. I can’t do it all in one day but we’re going to change things here.” :lol:

Fuck sake. :cry: We're going to need to find a WR who's a deep threat in the draft.

On the subject of the Raiders though, Brown turned up late to a press conference and then said this “There will be a new standard. … There will be fines. I can’t do it all in one day but we’re going to change things here.” :lol:

:lol:I Really hope the Raiders are this seasons team on Hard Knocks, Mr Big Chest will be television gold!

Really good signing and improves our secondary by a considerable margin which takes some doing considering we were the number 1 def last season. Our secondary potentially one of the best in NFL now. Can see us playing a lot of cover one letting Jefferson become more of a run blocker or helping ILBs vs TEs where we struggled last season. More of a ball hawk and quicker around the field than Weddle.

See Moncrief has signed for two years with your lot. Not too bad a low risk signing imo

Browns strengthened in a couple of areas now as well as Odel

ones to watch next season

If you break the trade down with the Giants I honestly believe they may have done better out of it than most give credit for. Ultimately it is

NYG Give: OBJ / Vernon (who was going to get cut anyway) / 155 Overall
Browns Give: Zeitler (best OL for them debatably) / Peppers / 17th Overall / 95th Overall / 133 Overall

Back