NFL 2018

They are clearly the underdog going in to Kansas. Mahomes is a beast and I think the Pats will do well to keep it within 1 score to be honest. Pats have always been my number 2 team, but I love watching this Mahomes kid.

Don't think they can be the underdog when they've already beaten the Chiefs this year

That doesn't even make sense... They lost IN New England by 3 points.

As it stands, Vegas oddsmakers have this one as a 3 point edge to Kansas

How does it not make sense?

Patriots shouldn't be underdogs against a side they've beaten this year. Chiefs have a habit of losing these games too, just look at their regular season losses. To be an underdog you're basically saying you're not as good as the other side but will give it all the fight that you have. That's not relevant here.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does it not make sense?

Patriots shouldn't be underdogs against a side they've beaten this year. Chiefs have a habit of losing these games too, just look at their regular season losses.

Yeah, I'm surprised anyone even bothers to secure home field advantage....... ;)

Yeah, I'm surprised anyone even bothers to secure home field advantage....... ;)

Aye but underdogs are a team that are widely expected to lose. I'm not buying that there's any underdogs at this point. Especially when the Pats have beaten the Chiefs previously.

Anyone but the Pats please

Think I am one of the few non-Pats fans who actually likes them.

When I got here in 2001 it was about players not teams. So it was Favre, Brady and Manning in that order... Then a friend took me to a Giants game and I was hooked. Since then I have still had a soft spot for Green Bay and New England (unless they are playing the Giants).

Aye but underdogs are a team that are widely expected to lose.

not widely just expected to lose. Its close, but most people believe Kansas have the edge over a New England team that have looked beatable this season on multiple occasions.

Think I am one of the few non-Pats fans who actually likes them.

When I got here in 2001 it was about players not teams. So it was Favre, Brady and Manning in that order... Then a friend took me to a Giants game and I was hooked. Since then I have still had a soft spot for Green Bay and New England (unless they are playing the Giants).

not widely just expected to lose. Its close, but most people believe Kansas have the edge over a New England team that have looked beatable this season on multiple occasions.

Be a really interesting contest that's for sure. I'd give the edge to the Pats just because they've done it before & have already beat KC this year. Really impressive the way they hammered the Chargers

Aye but underdogs are a team that are widely expected to lose. I'm not buying that there's any underdogs at this point. Especially when the Pats have beaten the Chiefs previously.

And that's why it's only a 3 point spread, less than half a TD. It's tight but KC just favourites because of home field, if the game was in Boston it would probably be the other way round.

Hopefully both will lose.

And that's why it's only a 3 point spread, less than half a TD. It's tight but KC just favourites because of home field, if the game was in Boston it would probably be the other way round.

Hopefully both will lose.

Aye all I was saying was don't see how they're classed an underdog!

Be a really interesting contest that's for sure. I'd give the edge to the Pats just because they've done it before & have already beat KC this year. Really impressive the way they hammered the Chargers

It will be interesting to see how Mahomes handles the big game atmosphere. I do believe KC are vulnerable at D, but we need to be ready from the very start and not having to play catch up.

It’s so f***ing frustrating that had we stopped the dolphins in the last 10 seconds, we would be at Foxboro in Sunday

They are clearly the underdog going in to Kansas. Mahomes is a beast and I think the Pats will do well to keep it within 1 score to be honest. Pats have always been my number 2 team, but I love watching this Mahomes kid.
Marginal favourites at very best. If something even goes slightly awry at Arrowhead The old Reid curse and Kansas playoff choke will start to become tangible, as will the legend of the near inhuman Patriot machine at Playoff time. Mahomes is outstanding but I wouldn’t back anyone with confidence against the Pats in the championship game while Belichick and Brady are there.

If Patriots beat Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium, Tom Brady will tie former Jets QB Mark Sanchez with four career road playoff wins.

Great stat.

:eek: Just goes to show how good their regular season record as been over the years to get home field advantage so often.

Back