NFL 2017

Like the lad earlier on, I'm just starting to follow NFL, think we might be doing New York later in the year and going to see Jets so have found myself siding with them. Turns out they aren't very good, have had years failing to get a decent QB and are perennial under-achievers. Should suit me well!

Anyone in here follow the Jets or am I on me todd?

Like the lad earlier on, I'm just starting to follow NFL, think we might be doing New York later in the year and going to see Jets so have found myself siding with them. Turns out they aren't very good, have had years failing to get a decent QB and are perennial under-achievers. Should suit me well!

@Boot Cleaner is your go to guy for the Jets

You lot have just had a clean out of vets so going forward you might get an exciting roster in time. Got quite a bit of cap room to play with now as well i think

Go for the giants instead :lol:

@Boot Cleaner is your go to guy for the Jets

You lot have just had a clean out of vets so going forward you might get an exciting roster in time. Got quite a bit of cap room to play with now as well i think

Yeah? Nice, I might end up being a good luck charm.....

Go for the giants instead :lol:

:lol: The week we want to go (Thanksgiving week :-O) The Giants are away and the Jets are at home, so it'll be the Jets we see so like Sunderland, I'll support the home team in the first match I ever went to. And that will be my team.

Last edited:
BEAST MODE officially in Oakland.

We're the team to watch again next year with probably the most exciting offence and a D that can get torched at any point.

Keys to the draft for Oakland are a big body tackle and a rangy corner, but they'll do well to shore up both positions with later picks. Then hope that Aldon Smith a) gets re-instated and b) is something like the player he was.

Beware the Sliver, beware the Black.

the browns. Anyone and I mean anybody going to see them?

Damn straight. How can anyone pass up the opportunity to see Brock Ostweiler throw the ball in a Browns shirt?

Last edited:
Martavis Bryant has been reinstated, all I ask for is a season of Ben, Brown, Bell and Bryant being fit/not suspended.
No.

I'm tempted to grab an early-ish night, wake up and watch it until our pick at 16 then read about the rest next morning.

Either Barnett/Williams/Reddick would do for me
Tried similar before and we ended up trading out of the first to pick Upshaw.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this weekend like and the Bears picking before 2am is a bonus. I reckon we will draft Jamal Adams if the 49ers pass on him but part of me is hoping Pace goes all in on a QB in the first.

Mixture of both isn't it? Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure the Sky lot (inc Jeff Reinebold) were presenting from there and providing reaction to the picks etc

It could be, I read a tweet about a week ago by Jeff Reinebold saying it's NFL Network coverage, but I can't find it now.

I'll be finishing work at 7pm, shower, then sleep till midnight/1AM, then just stay up through till Friday night. All to watch some blokes hold jerseys on a stage, mental.

Looking forward to this weekend like and the Bears picking before 2am is a bonus. I reckon we will draft Jamal Adams if the 49ers pass on him but part of me is hoping Pace goes all in on a QB in the first.

DeShaun Watson

Hoping the bills add a vertical threat, either a tight end or a wide receiver in the first round. We desperately need to improve the passing game after losing Goodwin, Woods and Justin Hunter in free agency.

Last edited by a moderator:
BEAST MODE officially in Oakland.

We're the team to watch again next year with probably the most exciting offence and a D that can get torched at any point.

Keys to the draft for Oakland are a big body tackle and a rangy corner, but they'll do well to shore up both positions with later picks. Then hope that Aldon Smith a) gets re-instated and b) is something like the player he was.

Beware the Sliver, beware the Black.

Damn straight. How can anyone pass up the opportunity to see Brock Ostweiler throw the ball in a Browns shirt?
Whether Beast Mode's injuries were hampering him or whether he was over the hill, wasn't impressed when he was given the ball in his last season. Worth a punt on a low draft pick though.

It could be, I read a tweet about a week ago by Jeff Reinebold saying it's NFL Network coverage, but I can't find it now.

I'll be finishing work at 7pm, shower, then sleep till midnight/1AM, then just stay up through till Friday night. All to watch some blokes hold jerseys on a stage, mental.

Ridiculous isn't it :lol: ... Just keep getting swept up in all the mock drafts trying to work out how the player you want falls to your pick. Some podcast nearly had me convinced Fournette is dropping into the 20's

Jets fan here. Expect mediocrity at best for next few years. Massive rebuild underway (and has been for years). Looks like the Jets are already playing for a high draft pick next year as the QB class is supposed to be outstanding.

Ridiculous isn't it :lol: ... Just keep getting swept up in all the mock drafts trying to work out how the player you want falls to your pick. Some podcast nearly had me convinced Fournette is dropping into the 20's

Most mocks I've seen have Fournette going at #4 to Jags like, so that would be a surprise. Hope the Packers get a good CB somewhere in the draft, otherwise last years embarrassing pass defence will only get worse.

Most mocks I've seen have Fournette going at #4 to Jags like, so that would be a surprise. Hope the Packers get a good CB somewhere in the draft, otherwise last years embarrassing pass defence will only get worse.

If you dont draft a good CB this year you never will. Stacked with them so much that 2nd round ones would have normally been 1st round picks any other year.

Jets fan here. Expect mediocrity at best for next few years. Massive rebuild underway (and has been for years). Looks like the Jets are already playing for a high draft pick next year as the QB class is supposed to be outstanding.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Thing is though, when the rebuild is complete and the Jets are Patriots of the 2020's, we can be well smug.....

I follow Atlanta Falcons, but going to New York to see them v Jets in October.

Back