NFL 2017

:lol: ... Texans were hot on Watson mind, O'B loved him by all accounts.

The biggest 'Browns' moment of the night though clearly went to the Bears. Still can't fathom what they were thinking for that trade.

The Bills and the Texans both gave up their 2018 1st rounders to move up and get their QB.

The Bears gave up 2 x 3rds and a 4th to move up one spot in the draft. One spot. Fair play to the 49ers GM.

The Bills and the Texans both gave up their 2018 1st rounders to move up and get their QB.

The Bears gave up 2 x 3rds and a 4th to move up one spot in the draft. One spot. Fair play to the 49ers GM.

Browns have pulled a blinder. Common knowledge that next years potential QB class is far better than this years so pointless over reaching in this draft. They've got plenty picks to trade up next year if needed or they use them to get Cousins now. Not even they could mess up surely from such a good position

Browns have pulled a blinder. Common knowledge that next years potential QB class is far better than this years so pointless over reaching in this draft. They've got plenty picks to trade up next year if needed or they use them to get Cousins now. Not even they could mess up surely from such a good position
If history is anything to go by though Garrett will get a career ending injury and Trubisky will be an elite QB.

Agree though they've done everything right so far they've avoided reaching for a QB for the sake of it, put a good team out before throwing a rookie in there is the way they should go unless they can get Cousins, obviously though it's finding the players that's the hardest so we'll see if the Browns turn out to be a success on that front.

Know very little about college football but every write-up says that Jets pick (Jamal Adams) is very good and are surprised he dropped as low as 6. Some good news.

Again, I'm just going on what I've read rather than what I've seen, but surprised that Deshauwn Watson was only the 3rd QB to go, seemed very, very highly rated in most things I read, moreso than the others.
You'll know as much as me about him but from what I've heard and read he's seemingly got the highest chance to succeed in the NFL out of all the QB's in the draft so surprised there was two before him, especially Mahomes he was being mocked to finish late first to second round. Mind, Watson has ended up at the right team all he needs to be is a game manager with that defense behind him. It took the Texans Brock, two first rounds and a second round pick to move up to get Watson!

The Browns are going to win 6 games next season behind Brock Osweiler .

There, I've said it.
Did you watch him last season? :eek: Only got 8 wins with the Texans for a start.

Last edited:

Other way round We got Kansas City's first round pick for 2018 and their 2017 3rd round pick for our 10th overall this year

Pulled a blinder and then cut Gary Barindge just to brown it up abit

Bengals drafting Joe Mixon. Smashed a lasses face in so will fit in with the pleasant folks of Cinci

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyus Bowser drafted second round for us.

And with the AFC North being competitive as everyone knows, our defense is filth with all our additions already this off season

Not quite sure we needed a WR, seems to have pissed Ravens fans off though! :D

Steelers drafted a long snapper FFS WHY?! :lol:

Last edited:
Not quite sure we needed a WR, seems to have pissed Ravens fans off though! :D

Steelers drafted a long snapper FFS WHY?! :lol:

:lol: ... Think it was just that before the dust settled that a lot of our fans had him down as the alternative WR choice with top 3 didn't fall to us and that combined with not drafting an offensive skill position for the first time in our history it rattled a few people.

It's very clear though the objective was to go back to what made us the org we are today, hard hitting def. I'll say it now, we'll have the best Def next year bar none :cool:

With taking Schuster though which of your WR's are getting peddled then ;)

It's been an insane draft so far. Niners have played the system almost perfectly. Was concerned they would panic with the 2nd pick, but they played it cool and came out with one of the best decisions I've ever seen in the game, one that looked to the long term.

any chance the pre season games will be on sky or anywhere via a stream?

:lol: ... Think it was just that before the dust settled that a lot of our fans had him down as the alternative WR choice with top 3 didn't fall to us and that combined with not drafting an offensive skill position for the first time in our history it rattled a few people.

It's very clear though the objective was to go back to what made us the org we are today, hard hitting def. I'll say it now, we'll have the best Def next year bar none :cool:

With taking Schuster though which of your WR's are getting peddled then ;)
We've got 7 WRs to take out of the 53 roster, I think the final WRs will be Brown, Bryant, JuJu, Rodgers and Coates/ Heyward Bey/ Justin Hunter/ De marcus Ayers so not sure about that 5th spot! Surprised we didn't draft a Tight End instead of JuJu it was what Ben wanted and much more needed since we only have Green who's seemingly one concussion away from retirement and Jesse James who's average. Seems like another year of the secondary pissing me off as well 3rd round CB pick Sutton doesn't seem that highly thought of but we'll see the first 3 picks last year weren't that well recieved and they all turned into starters.

Your defense scares me but is it good enough to carry your offence?

We've got 7 WRs to take out of the 53 roster, I think the final WRs will be Brown, Bryant, JuJu, Rodgers and Coates/ Heyward Bey/ Justin Hunter/ De marcus Ayers so not sure about that 5th spot! Surprised we didn't draft a Tight End instead of JuJu it was what Ben wanted and much more needed since we only have Green who's seemingly one concussion away from retirement and Jesse James who's average. Seems like another year of the secondary pissing me off as well 3rd round CB pick Sutton doesn't seem that highly thought of but we'll see the first 3 picks last year weren't that well recieved and they all turned into starters.

Your defense scares me but is it good enough to carry your offence?

Tight end group was deep this year as well wasnt it. Think with you's though and that selection of WR's, surely its AB and Bryant majority of time which you're right if you take one of the top TE's it drastically improves your offense keeping safeties honest. Now you's may be a bit to predictable with no medium game. It's either pounding it through Bell (and his injury concerns) or going downfield. Gives opposition safeties an easy ride and probably use them to rush the QB. Ben is going to be put under some major pressure this year I feel.

Wallace had an 1000 yard season last year so hopefully he steps up in place of Smith Sr. We'll also inevitably take an additional vet WR (looking like Boldin coming back) but what does concern me is the OL. I'll feel a bit better if we snap up Mangold + Dunlap as short term fits for this year but Flacco doesn't look like he has much protection at the minute. With that Def though we'll only need a semi decent O to make the playoffs imo

The Bengals taking Joe Mixon was a eye opener like..the video of him hitting that lass is horrendous.

The organisation with no moral compass at all so it doesn't suprise me. Their roster is already full of shits like Mixon so he'll fit right in

Last edited:
In terms of watching, people generally just use Sky or is there any benefit to getting that Gamepass effort? Or it straightforward enough to find the games via other methods?

In terms of watching, people generally just use Sky or is there any benefit to getting that Gamepass effort? Or it straightforward enough to find the games via other methods?

gamepass is class like, but you'll find most sport subs that run on kodi will carry all the games, mine does anyway.

I get game pass but il probably not renew this year as its quite expensive

I've had game pass for the last few years and it's brilliant. However Sportsmania have all the games so I'm just going to use that for next season

Back