NFL 2017

Really? Didn't know that. Seems a bizarre contractual agreement given the push to promote the game here.

What's the reasoning behind that?

I think it's wrong, Sky usually do show the best 9.25pm game over here. I thought they made the right choice but both good games.

Watch out NFC. Aaron Rodgers coming back.

Wentz out with a knee injury, if it's serious then that shakes things up a bit in the NFC.

They fear he's tore his left ACL. That's why mobile quarterbacks make coaches nervous, running into contact on the goal line and now his season is over.

Far too comfortable start this. Got to laugh at those PFF rankings, Bell ranked 17th ffs!

Knew it was too comfortable, Ravens score a TD and looks like it could be a bad injury for Bell.

Last edited:
They fear he's tore his left ACL. That's why mobile quarterbacks make coaches nervous, running into contact on the goal line and now his season is over.

Coaches can't have it both ways. If you're going to run constant 3-wide sets and send the tight and and running back out into patterns as well, you're forcing your quarterback to scramble a lot more. The play he got hurt on is classic post-2015 goal line play. Five years ago, the running back (on that play #30, Clement) lines up alongside the quarterback in the shotgun, comes out on a delayed release, and the ball ends up getting to the same place via what ends up being an RB screen into the right flat. It's still a touchdown (assuming he completes the pass) against that defense but you also still have a quarterback afterwards.

Coaches can't have it both ways. If you're going to run constant 3-wide sets and send the tight and and running back out into patterns as well, you're forcing your quarterback to scramble a lot more. The play he got hurt on is classic post-2015 goal line play. Five years ago, the running back (on that play #30, Clement) lines up alongside the quarterback in the shotgun, comes out on a delayed release, and the ball ends up getting to the same place via what ends up being an RB screen into the right flat. It's still a touchdown (assuming he completes the pass) against that defense but you also still have a quarterback afterwards.

Maybe, but it's 1st and goal iirc, slide or throw the ball away and live to fight another down.

Who woulda thought that Keenum, Foles and Goff would've been the starting QB's of likely the top 3 seeds in the NFC at the start of the season?! Crazy season, I still think any one of 9 teams could realistically be NFC Champs.

Maybe, but it's 1st and goal iirc, slide or throw the ball away and live to fight another down.

Who woulda thought that Keenum, Foles and Goff would've been the starting QB's of likely the top 3 seeds in the NFC at the start of the season?! Crazy season, I still think any one of 9 teams could realistically be NFC Champs.

There's not a single QB in the NFL who doesn't leave the pocket on that play. Some might scramble and then try to force it in to the receiver in the back of the end zone, but nobody is sliding or throwing that away. You'd just get killed in the huddle and on the sidelines for not taking a clear touchdown in a close game if you have the legs to get there.

And on the QBs, yeah, absolutely. I thought people were too quick to slate Goff, but Keenum really came out of nowhere. The Eagles are lucky to have Foles. He's one of the better backups out there, and now he better go get it. He didn't look too bad at the end of this one, and he's looked decent in this sort of offense before. Sure, he was terrible with the Rams, but every quarterback looked like shit in that system - including Goff.

Last edited:
There's not a single QB in the NFL who doesn't leave the pocket on that play. Some might scramble and then try to force it in to the receiver in the back of the end zone, but nobody is sliding or throwing that away. You'd just get killed in the huddle and on the sidelines for not taking a clear touchdown in a close game if you have the legs to get there.

And on the QBs, yeah, absolutely. I thought people were too quick to slate Goff, but Keenum really came out of nowhere. The Eagles are lucky to have Foles. He's one of the better backups out there, and now he better go get it. He didn't look too bad at the end of this one, and he's looked decent in this sort of offense before. Sure, he was terrible with the Rams, but every quarterback looked like shit in that system - including Goff.

I remember when Foles was with Philly before, I think running Chip Kelly's offence and he had a HOF level TD-INT rate, but he's done nothing since, it'll be interesting no doubt.

Watching this game slightly delayed, but happy to see the Ravens putting up a fight, thought it'd be over by now.

Back