Neymar

Serious question but bat mbappe which french or english lads are better than neymar or will be 🤔

TBH, I'm just theorising and speculating on that part. Sancho and Greenwood are up there, as it stands. In another era, Neymar would have been regarded as the world's best just not now. He may well end up scoring more world cup goals than Ronaldo or Messi.

TBH, I'm just theorising and speculating on that part. Sancho and Greenwood are up there, as it stands. In another era, Neymar would have been regarded as the world's best just not now. He may well end up scoring more world cup goals than Ronaldo or Messi.
Sancho and greenwood are as good as neymar?

Or do you mean they have potential to be

Sancho and greenwood are as good as neymar?

Or do you mean they have potential to be

Have the potential to be as good as or better than and more than likely will be better by the time that Ronaldo and Messi are ex-players. Likewise, Mbappe, who may well be as good as Neymar already. I'm speculating on how he'll be remembered. A top class player and key man for Brazil but unlikely to be regarded as the best player on the planet at any given point (unlike, say, Kaka, at one point, and Neymar is a better player than Kaka ever was).

Have the potential to be as good as or better than and more than likely will be better by the time that Ronaldo and Messi are ex-players. Likewise, Mbappe, who may well be as good as Neymar already. I'm speculating on how he'll be remembered. A top class player and key man for Brazil but unlikely to be regarded as the best player on the planet at any given point (unlike, say, Kaka, at one point, and Neymar is a better player than Kaka ever was).
Neymar at his best is better than kaka imo. Messi and ronaldo werent about when kaka played. If neymar played in kakas era hed have won the ballon dor for me

Neymar at his best is better than kaka imo. Messi and ronaldo werent about when kaka played. If neymar played in kakas era hed have won the ballon dor for me

That's exactly what I'm saying. Prior to the Ronaldo/Messi domination, Neymar would have been a certainty for the Ballon d'or. Michael Owen won it, Kaka won it, Cannavaro won it (great defender but he won it because he captained the world cup winners), Figo, Nedved, Shevchenko etc.

I still think about him as a youngster, 28 now . Splits opinion on here, but I think hes class, Barca went down hill after signing him in my opinion.
Anyway, 11/8 tonight anytime is a gift, I've had 4 pints in the sun and ive stuck 40 on, the more I drink before 8pm im sure I'll add more, anyway enjoy the tip
Good player without doubt but the commontators wank over him too much

When I went to the Nou Camp to see them pump a pathetic (and ref-disabled - ludicrous red card) Sporting Gijon roll-over for a 6-0 it was absolutely comical how bad Neymar was. Like, I wouldn't judge him on this obviously - was just a funny dynamic. What made it so funny was just how brilliant Messi and Suarez in particular were playing next to him. Busquets too, the whole team really. But Neymar had one of those nights where everything he touched turned to shit. He couldn't buy a goal and was getting angrier and angrier about it too, to the point where Suarez basically let him take a penalty. Think he missed too, though by that point I was hammered.

Suarez and Messi were basically laughing about it, he was so worked up.

He has the skills to be as good as Messi but not the mentality.

That could be down to Messi leaving Argentina at a much younger age.

I always feel Neymar has to prove he's better than those that came before him. He was lauded as the next Pele at 16 playing for Santos.

He's a brilliant player who was unfortunate enough to have Ronaldo and Messi casting a huge shadow over everyone else.

His record is absolutely phenomenal and stands up with anyones, bar them 2.

More than a goal every 2 games over his career, including Champions League. The 3rd highest Brazilian goalscorer of all time (1 goal away from surpassing Ronaldo) and the 5th most capped for his country.

The best comparison in regards to legacy is probably Rooney I reckon. A player who's record stands up alongside any other for club and country but likely didn't fulfil his potential, and in a time of total football saturation, he is scrutinised to a level that great players of previous generations never were.

Back