Next Two League Games - Bolton (H), Cheltenham (H)

Obviously the League Cup game at Wigan on Tuesday before that, but a home double header of Saturday/Tuesday coming next in the league.

Bolton might suit us in the sense that they'll come up here, try to play football and give it a good go.

Anything other than 3 points at home to Cheltenham would obviously be completely unacceptable.

Feels like we're flying through our home games at the moment and we're not yet into October, so very important to keep the wins ticking over in those as promoted teams don't get away with dropping too many points at home over the course of the 23 you get.

Honestly, I said to my other half that i'd take 7 points from the next 3 games before kick off today as I always knew it would be tricky at Fleetwood. However today really fucked me off tbh. To be 2-0 up with 15 mins to go and draw is piss poor. Felt like a performance from last season and that does concern me. We've been grinding things out really well when we've needed to so far and we were a bit soft today at the end. Teams that go up automatically don't drop 2 points like that.

we're home as well so need to take maximum points to keep up the pressure

that wigan/sheff wed game will be touch

Yeah I think Wigan will comfortably beat Cheltenham and although Sheffield Wednesday haven't got off to the best start, I would be looking at a draw there probably.

Very early days still but after the upcoming home double header we'll have 6 of our 23 home games (26%!!) played already and we won't even be out of September.

We really need to be continually racking up the points in those home games.

Honestly, I said to my other half that i'd take 7 points from the next 3 games before kick off today as I always knew it would be tricky at Fleetwood. However today really fucked me off tbh. To be 2-0 up with 15 mins to go and draw is piss poor. Felt like a performance from last season and that does concern me. We've been grinding things out really well when we've needed to so far and we were a bit soft today at the end. Teams that go up automatically don't drop 2 points like that.
Around the same time last season Hull were thumped 4-1 by guess who? :lol:

Whilst it's way too early to write off Sheffield Wednesday, I personally think if we win our next two league games it would be in our interest if Wigan beat them.

I'd much rather a situation whereby it's looking like 3 maybe 4 teams maximum competing for those 2 automatic spots, than it being really tight between 6 or 7 teams.

All we can do is focus on ourselves, but at this stage (given how long we've been in League 1) the more of the so called better sides losing ground should ultimately help us.

Ipswich, Pompey, Lincoln etc aren't firing on all cylinders and another few poor results for Wednesday could see them peddle Darren Moore.

If we keep our current good form and manage last 20 mins better and be ruthless some poor sods are due a hammering. LJ knows that like.

How do teams that go up automatically drop points?

Peterborough last year, for example, drew 9 and lost 11. They “only” won 56.5% of their games.

I'd expect 6 points. Saturday was a bit of a reality check for me that I was maybe getting a bit carried away with out start. Still think this start exceeds where we all thought we would be though.

I'd drop Gooch for next league game he's been largely poor so far. His Scrappy Do routines getting on my nerves.

Wigan game chance to get some mins in Dajaku , Evans etc

Back