Next time Stewie comes out of hiding...

Really don't get the pro Phillips argument or why people are getting so worked up about a drawn cup tie
Judge Parkinson later on his league record and not now.

There's a lot of people on here who want us to be a forward thinking club, but appointing a club legend who otherwise doesn't have the credentials to get the job is about as backwards as it gets.

You can't really judge Parkinson yet either. RTG's most loved manager, Big Sam, needed 4/5 months and a transfer window to sort us out. Parkinson should be given the same amount of time before anyone judges him.

Last edited:

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.

Ask him how selling Maja and replacing him with a fat lazy bastard fitted in with his piss taking comments. Potentially the worst decision in the clubs entire history.

There's a lot of people on here who want us to be a forward thinking club, but appointing a club legend who otherwise doesn't have the credentials to get the job is about as backwards as it gets.

You can't really judge Parkinson yet either. RTG's most loved manager, Big Sam, needed 4/5 months and a transfer window to sort us out. Parkinson should be given the same amount of time before anyone judges him.
Spot on.

Nelson wanted Parkinson sacked at half time in the first match so is trying to justify his comments. It hasn’t started too well though to be honest. I’m not convinced we wouldn’t have had more points with Ross though too many of the players not being up to much seems the big issue - especially our minimal threat up front.

I dont care whether Donald is on twitter etc or not however he cannot have it both ways. You leave yourself open to pats on the back and on the flip side criticism. Modern day twitter/keyboard basher will always say things before thinking so if you cannot handle it dont bother in the first place. Club management at the top need to concentrate on their roles not twitter statuses...

The Maja sale which someone mentioned was a key moment last season, id rather have kept him and lost him end of season and got compensation as the ruling goes etc. I know it made some financial sense regarding the situation with Bordeaux and money owed but could have done same with promotion or other. The lad scored from nothing and from my mate whos close to alot of the going on's hearing Jack Ross was basically last to know of him leaving was a summary of the status itself.

Hoping its just a blip along the way in the chapter for this club

The Maja sale which someone mentioned was a key moment last season, id rather have kept him and lost him end of season and got compensation as the ruling goes etc. I know it made some financial sense regarding the situation with Bordeaux and money owed but could have done same with promotion or other.

The fact the immediately pissed the entire fee up the wall on Grigg means it made no financial sense at all.

Nelson wanted Parkinson sacked at half time in the first match so is trying to justify his comments. It hasn’t started too well though to be honest. I’m not convinced we wouldn’t have had more points with Ross though too many of the players not being up to much seems the big issue - especially our minimal threat up front.

I actually said I would never have given him the job in the first place and that we might as well sack him on day one as he's not going to be a success. Not that I actually thought sacking him at half time in his first game was something that might happen.

I don't have to justify anything. Parky is doing that for me.

Exactly this.

We needed a lift and a bounce. SKP would have brought the fans together and given us someone to rally around and inject some passion. We’ve got a plodder from the doldrums who absolutely no one wanted other than Donald and Meth.
No experience at head coach or managing and you want that risk? You are probably one of many who would want him out after ten games with less than 30 points.

I had forgotten just how quickly we went from wins to draws after Maja left.

Not wanting to sound too defensive of the owners but I think there's a bit of rewriting history when people say how we'd have gone up with Maja etc. When he left we were 5th, 14 wins, 11 draws and 2 defeats. We ended up 5th with 22 wins, 19 draws and 5 defeats. So we went from drawing 41% of the games when he was here to ending the season with a record of drawing 41% of the games.

I think we were better with Maja, but it's not like our form suddenly went off a cliff when he left. We were largely poor with him but he dragged us out of the shit a few times then largely shit after he left (when we started relying on McGeady to do it). We've not been good enough since we went down and, although I'd obviously rather have Maja still here than Grigg, I'm not convinced it would have seen us promoted

in any other job in any walk of life a manager manages with what he is given - you dont take a managers job anywhere and use the excuse ''its not my team'' you manage that team and get the best out of them using your manigerial skills its always amazed me how football managers get the '' not his signings'' not his player as he never signed him'' etc etc

He probably claim abuse and go into hiding again. Bloke has a history of it when he is asked difficult questions/going gets tough. Absolute cowboys massively out of their depth who saw the club as a quick profit banking on promotion.

Not wanting to sound too defensive of the owners but I think there's a bit of rewriting history when people say how we'd have gone up with Maja etc. When he left we were 5th, 14 wins, 11 draws and 2 defeats. We ended up 5th with 22 wins, 19 draws and 5 defeats. So we went from drawing 41% of the games when he was here to ending the season with a record of drawing 41% of the games.

I think we were better with Maja, but it's not like our form suddenly went off a cliff when he left. We were largely poor with him but he dragged us out of the shit a few times then largely shit after he left (when we started relying on McGeady to do it). We've not been good enough since we went down and, although I'd obviously rather have Maja still here than Grigg, I'm not convinced it would have seen us promoted
That's entirely possible mate but if he'd stayed there's no unrest...Maybe a different January signing to compliment him...?
Ah we'll never know tbh

Back