Next time Stewie comes out of hiding...

Nelson!

Striker
....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.
He hasn't had 16 seasons at this level. Regardless of that give him a chance ffs.

I’d rather have Parkinson than Phillips. Other than scoring some goals for us 20 years ago, I’m not sure what his credentials are. No other club trying to get promoted would consider him. Toss up between him and Ainsworth. He doesn’t exactly play expansive football either. Stendel would have been above him on my list at the start, but it’s not cut and dry. He’s literally just been sacked, and he’d have to adapt his style massively with our squad.

Let’s not pretend like those three are obviously better options.

He hasn't had 16 seasons at this level. Regardless of that give him a chance ffs.

What does "give him a chance" mean really? I should just suspend my understanding of reality and pretend he isn't absolutely shit because it'll make some supporters feel better?

He's been given a chance despite not a single supporter being excited about it. He won't take it because he's not capable. That's the harsh truth and pretending otherwise won't help anything.

I’d rather have Parkinson than Phillips. Other than scoring some goals for us 20 years ago, I’m not sure what his credentials are. No other club trying to get promoted would consider him. Toss up between him and Ainsworth. He doesn’t exactly play expansive football either. Stendel would have been above him on my list at the start, but it’s not cut and dry. He’s literally just been sacked, and he’d have to adapt his style massively with our squad.

Let’s not pretend like those three are obviously better options.

Phillips at least "might" be good. Parkinson is 100% bonafide mediocrity.

Ainsworth has little old Wycombe giving us a lesson and sitting in second.

Stendel won promotion just last season, ahead of us.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to give Parky the gig other than he's desperate and won't cost much or cause a fuss.

What does "give him a chance" mean really? I should just suspend my understanding of reality and pretend he isn't absolutely shit because it'll make some supporters feel better?

He's been given a chance despite not a single supporter being excited about it. He won't take it because he's not capable. That's the harsh truth and pretending otherwise won't help anything.
Clearly not. He's been in charge two days.

I think most were hoping for Pearson & Phillips
However I would have took SKP over the boring twat appointed at least he would have galvanised a very frustrated support
we’ve had experienced managers in the past that haven’t worked out ya git fanny

The support can only be galvanised so much in this league. If he made a bad start, the pressure would build immediately. When Phillips has something else noteworthy on his CV other than scored a lot of goals for us, he can be seriously considered for the job.

He might or might not be but tbh it sounds like you'd prefer that he wasn't.
He's shite mate haway man! The place needed a lift and we didn't get it , why, after fuck knows how many years of management would he become a good manager at sunderland ?

Back