Next time Stewie comes out of hiding...

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.
I disagree - I think we should move on and try to accept the new appointment. I was all for trying to get SD focus on other candidates but now we have PP we have to stop dribbling pee pee down our knickers.

Last edited:
That's true, but in footballing term look at Barcelona. They often appoint men from within with no prior experience of managing. It's worked for them fairly well. In fact, one of the only times they went for experience with Martino, it ended in tears.
They’ve a system played from 9 yr olds to first team. It’s the Barca way. We talk about this stuff nivver happens. That’s the Sunderland way.

It's too early to suggest SD has gone into hiding.
if he doesn't communicate for a few months of weeks fair enough but that's not happened yet...and may never will

That's true, but in footballing term look at Barcelona. They often appoint men from within with no prior experience of managing. It's worked for them fairly well. In fact, one of the only times they went for experience with Martino, it ended in tears.

I'm not familiar with Barca's hiring practices so I can't really comment on that, but they're presumably always working from a starting point of having inarguably one of the best squads in their league, with some of the world's greatest ever players, coaches, recruitment teams, medical teams and facilities. Their entire infrastructure will be so unbelievably good that you could probably pick a random fan as manager every week and it probably wouldn't make much difference.

We've got one player who's the envy of the league when he bothers to try, (which he seemingly hasn't for at least the last few games), and other than that we've got only a couple of no-name coaches and a questionable recruitment team. We need someone that knows what they're doing to guide the ship properly right now, not a pin-up boy trying to cut his teeth for the first time.

Sadly I can't disagree with you entirely on this one.
Recruitment has been poor and quite why he settled on Hill and Coton is a mystery.

Who decided on legs gone Leadbitter for example?

In his defence he and Charlie had so much shit to sort out that they possibly took the quick and easy decision to appoint someone they knew rather than inviting applicants, interviewing them and deciding who ticked most boxes.

Which is fair enough, but that quick and easy decision is now biting us on the backside because recruitment has been shocking

....which I doubt will happen soon, he should be asked point blank why he thinks Parkinson is better than Stendel, Ainsworth or even Phillips (none of those seem unrealistic) and made to defend the appointment. We are already back to just getting a press release from the club and no dialogue because they know they're a f***ing disgrace and their decision making is a joke.

I haven't heard one supporter say they're happy about Parkinson, or even defend him based on anything concrete. He's had two promotions from this division in 16 seasons at this level. Nothing other than blind faith could lead you to believe he is a good choice.

Don't expect him to ever be asked but would love to hear him try to justify it.
On the match thread you were the one saying sack him at half time. It’s pathetic and to me saying stuff like that means you have no credibility.

I'm not familiar with Barca's hiring practices so I can't really comment on that, but they're presumably always working from a starting point of having inarguably one of the best squads in their league, with some of the world's greatest ever players, coaches, recruitment teams, medical teams and facilities. Their entire infrastructure will be so unbelievably good that you could probably pick a random fan as manager every week and it probably wouldn't make much difference.

We've got one player who's the envy of the league when he bothers to try, (which he seemingly hasn't for at least the last few games), and other than that we've got only a couple of no-name coaches and a questionable recruitment team. We need someone that knows what they're doing to guide the ship properly right now, not a pin-up boy trying to cut his teeth for the first time.
I agree Barcelona have a system that runs throughout all their sides. But you'd think that if experience was such a factor, at least one of their inexperienced bosses would have made a pig's ear of it. Guardiola had no real experience when he started there, Jose Enrique didn't, and they've still done rather well for themselves after leaving the team of all talents. I honestly would rather have taken a chance on an unknown than have Parkinson. He's not what we needed and we don't have the players for his style or money to fill the team with the players he needs and I don't think he's adaptable enough to mix things up. In my opinion I think it's an incredibly damaging appointment but time will tell, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
He wouldn't have, like.

The only people wanting to try an untested manager over someone with experience at this stage must be off their heads.

And Phillips is anything but passionate. One of the most dull and unpassionate blokes you could ever listen to.

Love him for the goals he scored for us, wouldn't ever want him managing us. Especially not as his first ever management job. Maybe after 10-15 years of success at other clubs.
Did Keane have experience? No. Did Moyes have experience yes. You’ve had a shocker.

Or didn't want it. There were reports that he wants a short break before managing again, which would have ruled him out, as we couldn't have given him that time.
The report I read said we, the club, decided he might need time to clear his head. Which would be baffling if he did agree to attend an interview but unsurprising considering some of our decision making recently.

It’s ridiculous I find myself hoping that I’m wrong because I know he’s a dud, it won’t work here and we need to prepare for a 3rd season in league one recruitment wise.

I agree Barcelona have a system that runs throughout all their sides. But you'd think that if experience was such a factor, at least on of their inexperienced bosses would have made a pigs ear of it. Guardiola had no real experience when he started there, Jose Enrique didn't, and they've still done rather well for themselves after leaving the team of all talents. I honestly would rather have taken a chance on an unknown than have Parkinson. He's not what we needed and we don't have the players or money to fill the team with the players he needs and I don't think he's adaptable enough to mix things up. In my opinion I think it's an incredibly damaging appointment but time will tell, I guess.

He's clearly not the man the majority of fans wanted, but some folks on here are acting like four-year-olds whose mum has told them they can't have ice-cream for breakfast. Stamping their feet, crying, screaming and throwing their cereal on the floor to "punish" their mum, not realising they're still not going to get ice-cream and the more they go on, the less chance they'll ever get it with any meal.
Did Keane have experience? No. Did Moyes have experience yes. You’ve had a shocker.

You're not very bright are you?

He's clearly not the man the majority of fans wanted, but some folks on here are acting like four-year-olds whose mum has told them they can't have ice-cream for breakfast. Stamping their feet, crying, screaming and throwing their cereal on the floor to "punish" their mum, not realising they're still not going to get ice-cream and the more they go on, the less chance they'll ever get it with any meal.
I'm not going to lie, mate, I'm pretty crushed by the appointment. I can't find any positives no matter how hard I try. It was the cheapest appointment and the one that would cause the fewest ructions/require less shuffling about internally.

Back