Next Season

Odds are it'll be a far less competitive division, the three teams coming down are absolutely dire, while the teams coming up aren't particularly special as well as having off field problems (Bury). I'll stick my neck out and say it'll be yourselves and us as faves for the top 2, let's see what happens between now and August as to what sort of teams we'll be putting out.

Fuck off

Odds are it'll be a far less competitive division, the three teams coming down are absolutely dire, while the teams coming up aren't particularly special as well as having off field problems (Bury). I'll stick my neck out and say it'll be yourselves and us as faves for the top 2, let's see what happens between now and August as to what sort of teams we'll be putting out.

It’s not the right time to be making promotion predictions. Imagine both of our sides are set for a huge overhaul this summer with better teams picking off our decent players.

It’s not the right time to be making promotion predictions. Imagine both of our sides are set for a huge overhaul this summer with better teams picking off our decent players.
Fair comment, we'll certainly lose Clarke and maybe Lowe. Reckon you'll keep McGeady? Also depends what happens with the funds received from these players

....and Bolton start the season on negative points.

Details remains to be sorted, per BBC.

Bolton endured a traumatic campaign on and off the pitch with financial issues plaguing their season, ending in them being unable to fulfill their final home game of the season against Brentford.
Wanderers have not yet been penalised for that, having already had 12 points deducted for going into administration.

Details remains to be sorted, per BBC.

Bolton endured a traumatic campaign on and off the pitch with financial issues plaguing their season, ending in them being unable to fulfill their final home game of the season against Brentford.
Wanderers have not yet been penalised for that, having already had 12 points deducted for going into administration.

Did not realize that their 12 points deductions is for upcoming League One campaign, thought it was applied last spring. :eek:

That was Birmingham. They got away with it as it only moved them down a couple of places in mid table

From the Guardian about a month ago:

Bolton Wanderers will start next season in League One with a 12-point deduction after going into administration, the EFL has announced. The club said they would enter administration last week after the collapse of a proposed takeover by Laurence Bassini, and the adjournment of a winding-up order at a court hearing. Wanderers, who owe more than £1m to HMRC, confirmed on Monday that they have now appointed administrators. Bolton will begin next season 12 points adrift in the third tier – and in danger of dropping into the fourth tier for only the second season in their history.

“The EFL can confirm that it has been formally notified that administrators have been appointed in respect of Bolton Wanderers Football Club,” a statement said.
“As a result, the club is now subject to a 12-point deduction and the sporting sanction will take effect next season in League One.

Lincoln could well be the out in of next season, Rotherham could be the Barnsley. Ipswich will be strong, pompey will be there again, also Peterborough may well be better. It's going to be a slog again

:lol:

Bolton Wanderers will start next season in League One with a 12-point deduction after going into administration, the EFL has announced. The club said they would enter administration last week after the collapse of a proposed takeover by Laurence Bassini, and the adjournment of a winding-up order at a court hearing. Wanderers, who owe more than £1m to HMRC, confirmed on Monday that they have now appointed administrators. Bolton will begin next season 12 points adrift in the third tier – and in danger of dropping into the fourth tier for only the second season in their history.

“The EFL can confirm that it has been formally notified that administrators have been appointed in respect of Bolton Wanderers Football Club,” a statement said.
“As a result, the club is now subject to a 12-point deduction and the sporting sanction will take effect next season in League One.

Yes, we’re agreeing :lol:

I’m saying it was Birmingham who got a point deduction last season

Hope the Portsmouth fans at least have a wash before we play them. The away end was absolutely lifting. Stinking of foist or something. I walked past some on the way home and the smell made me sick in my mouth.

I think the rules are that if it looks like a club is going to be relegated (or are relegated, something like that) the points dediction carries over. It's to stop teams going into administration when they know the points deduction will make no difference when they'll be relegated anyway.

Back