Next console generation TVs

I saw this thread and thought champion as I'm in same boat as OP however if I'm being honest I still need help.

I'm getting a PS5 and will be getting a monitor rather than tele.

I only play COD so am I better off getting a 1080 that does 120hz, or a 4k one?

I saw this thread and thought champion as I'm in same boat as OP however if I'm being honest I still need help.

I'm getting a PS5 and will be getting a monitor rather than tele.

I only play COD so am I better off getting a 1080 that does 120hz, or a 4k one?

go for a 1440p monitor that does 120fps, went for a gigabyte g32qc on black friday for £299 and its spot on.

allso bought a samsung 70T for £700 , had it 2 days & put on bed , FLAT and the bugger rolled of and landed on me weight's OOOOPS (screen bust , shit happens, I didin't bother with accidental ins :D:D next one i will :D 3 more big walks and see what price's are like, may just go for a hdmi 2.1 4k montor

go for a 1440p monitor that does 120fps, went for a gigabyte g32qc on black friday for £299 and its spot on.

allso bought a samsung 70T for £700 , had it 2 days & put on bed , FLAT and the bugger rolled of and landed on me weight's OOOOPS (screen bust , shit happens, I didin't bother with accidental ins :D:D next one i will :D 3 more big walks and see what price's are like, may just go for a hdmi 2.1 4k montor
That's why you shouldn't exercise mate.

Who knows when Sony will implement though, could be better off just getting a 1080, a lot cheaper.
A TV is generally a long term buy. You could have it sat in you living room for a decade.

Personally I wouldn't buy a TV that didn't support next gen console features today and I don't even have a next gen console yet.

A TV is generally a long term buy. You could have it sat in you living room for a decade.

Personally I wouldn't buy a TV that didn't support next gen console features today and I don't even have a next gen console yet.

I was referencing the lad recommending a 1440 monitor. I'd say either going 1080 or the whole 4k. Sony haven't actually said if they'll support 1440, it's being assumed. Just like it was assumed the PS4/PS4 Pro would eventually support it....and they never did.

Once I got a gaming monitor I couldn’t go back to a TV like. Too much of a struggle. Can’t wait for a new 4K monitor though.

That's why you shouldn't exercise mate.

:lol: i know sign from above, should have seen me after 6-7 hour walk, get up and walk and eat en route and get back and room be spinning allday (like i been on piss) take tablets for excess sweat loss and eat like a king before walk (kebab toasties :D)

where as used to play COD all day(and was very good) and be fat , treat meself to gadget for exercise, i'm not paying this for a monitor and its only 85 Hz

no good a 1440p monitor for the PS5 is it ? As it doesn’t handle it ?

I’ve ordered an LG OLED55GX6LA from Currys yesterday for Wednesday delivery - will replace a 5 year old 48” Samsung JU7000 which has served me well. Mainly wanted it for the Series X and buzzing given the various reviews I’ve watched/read and the fact Microsoft have came out and said LG OLED is the best tv available for the Xbox!

5 year warranty and screen burn is nothing to be concerned about. They have built in pixel refreshers and logo luminance reducers to deal with that.

Sold it to the missus with the slim “gallery” profile:

Logon or register to see this image

What's this like in reality? I'm looking at the model down from this (40W speakers instead of 60W seems to be the difference) and was wondering what it's like day to day picture wise?

What's this like in reality? I'm looking at the model down from this (40W speakers instead of 60W seems to be the difference) and was wondering what it's like day to day picture wise?
Not sure what you mean by the model down (the BX or CX in the 2020 range or the 2019 model?)

My 2020 GX is an incredible picture for all uses mate (live tv, gaming, Netflix etc) the built in apps for the likes of prime, Apple TV etc all work smoothly and display in the best possible quality automatically (tells you in the top right when HDR or Dolby Vision/Atmos are being utilised)

The sound is great for a flat panel but a proper system would be required if you are an audiophile (I’m not so suits my needs)

Looks fantastic on the wall with its slim profile. Very reflective screen mind so make sure where you would position it will not find a nearby window causing issues.

Plugged in a slimline usb ssd to allow live tv recording also👍

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by the model down (the BX or CX in the 2020 range or the 2019 model?)

My 2020 GX is an incredible picture for all uses mate (live tv, gaming, Netflix etc) the built in apps for the likes of prime, Apple TV etc all work smoothly and display in the best possible quality automatically (tells you in the top right when HDR or Dolby Vision/Atmos are being utilised)

The sound is great for a flat panel but a proper system would be required if you are an audiophile (I’m not so suits my needs)

Looks fantastic on the wall with its slim profile. Very reflective screen mind so make sure where you would position it will not find a nearby window causing issues.

Plugged in a slimline usb ssd to allow live tv recording also👍

I the LG OLED55CXLB. When comparing on Curry's the main different seems to be the GX had better speaker spec is what I meant.

I just got a PS5 so need a 4K TV really but am nervous at buying without actually seeing it in a shop so wanted some info from first hand.

Thanks

I the LG OLED55CXLB. When comparing on Curry's the main different seems to be the GX had better speaker spec is what I meant.

I just got a PS5 so need a 4K TV really but am nervous at buying without actually seeing it in a shop so wanted some info from first hand.

Thanks
It’s incredible for games. I have the Xbox Series X and play COD Warzone/Halo. Response time is almost instantaneous and the graphics are unreal. One of the few TVs that can take advantage of HDMI 2.1 for 120 fps and HDR (not sure if the PS5 offers that mind)

It’s incredible for games. I have the Xbox Series X and play COD Warzone/Halo. Response time is almost instantaneous and the graphics are unreal. One of the few TVs that can take advantage of HDMI 2.1 for 120 fps and HDR (not sure if the PS5 offers that mind)

I know Playstation provide a 2.1 cable to use with the console. Not sure about the other stuff.
Now the decision whether to get it off Amazon with 1 year guarantee for £100 less or Curry's with 5 year guarantee

Last edited:
I know Playstation provide a 2.1 cable to use with the console. Not sure about the other stuff.
Now the decision whether to get it off Amazon with 1 year guarantee for £100 less or Curry's with 5 year guarantee

I'd go John Lewis for an OLED just for their optional 5 year screen burn warranty.

Was looking at the same TV but think I'll wait instead to see what these 2021 QNED/mini LEDs look like. Wont be a match for OLED but if it's not far off it might sway me, mainly just so I don't have to babysit my TV for screen burn as I tend to play the same games with constant static images overlays i.e. PES scoreboards, COD HUD etc.

Last edited:

Back