News story coming up on BBC Look North at 1.30pm - Sunderland Extremists and UKIP

When was this - what bollocks. The BNP hasn't even gained 1 % of the vote in the past in Sunderland. They don't even field any candidates up here anymore. Absolute fantasy land.
council elections theres one at 29.2 and others over 20
2003 Sunderland City Council election - Wikipedia

see above its council elections across the whole city they polled 13652=13.8% and came third

Last edited:
I don't find the show funny, it's pathetic that we have such people in the city, but they exist, you only have to look on this board or on the FB Echo comments. Maybe focus your anger towards them rather than the people who highlight that they exist, no matter how much of a non story it is.
I find the overreaction of you and your sidekick hilarious. You have no evidence of bias, just a massive chip on your shoulder.
I do loads to promote Sunderland and programmes like this don't help. The constant whinging and comparisons to Newcastle don't help either.
I'm not going to change your mind so I'll leave you to your misplaced rage.

On that basis why would I even bother - not that I'm going to. Sidekick? I don't know anyone on here beyond the faceless names and avatars. I'm not having a go at you personally as I know that you are someone who doesn't look down on the area as some maybe do on here but even in your own opinion it is a unjustified load of nothing. Just a pathetic attempt to make us look bad.

If it is just concerned about Brexit and an attempt to demonize Leave voters (which I'm not one of) then why didn't the BBC try and better convey the real issues behind the vote at the time in what was collectively a joke of a Remain campaign rather than a smear campaign once the true reality has sunk in.

council elections theres one at 29.2 and others over 20
2003 Sunderland City Council election - Wikipedia

see above its council elections across the whole city they polled 13652=13.8% and came third
Wow, the BBC have really done their research quoting one ward's result from an election over 15 years ago, where they didn't actually win a seat.

edit: Can you remember the program date/time? Would be interested in hearing what they had to say.

Last edited:
By people who take issue with programs like the one to be broadcast tonight.

The bias as regards to the football pales into insignificance but there is also a clear bias there as has been determined by virtually everyone on here. We have Jeff Brown as a representative - then who. Marco? Who openly derides us/doesn't support us/wants us to get beat against teams he does support and doesn't even bother to watch the games or pay us the slightest interest. Complained against by our fans but still keeps his position.

Simon O'Rourke is a MLF and lives in Roker.

Lauren Laverne is always singing city's praises on national radio too.

Wow, the BBC have really done their research quoting one ward's result from an election over 15 years ago, where they didn't actually win a seat.

edit: Can you remember the program date/time? Would be interested in hearing what they had to say.
13k+ racist shitheads dont disappear overnight...... it was the world at one last Friday was a thread on the politics forum
https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/interview-with-sunderland-people-about-brexit.1458879/

No arguing with hard evidence like this.

As despicable as he is stupid.

He's a massive coward. What a surprise.

Last edited:
BBC more desperate than ever to exhibit their anti-right, lefty loon bias,
as if it wasn’t already painfully obvious.

They must be desperately hoping for a second referendum.
The BBC haven’t had left wing bias since the 1980s man. Have you watched QT in the last three years? Have you seen the leave/remain ratio on QT? Do you know who owns QT?

Last edited:
I'm not revelling in it.

I didn't vote Leave.

Good post marra.
You said you voted leave on a thread at the weekend. Somebody replied, did he vote leave? Somebody else said which way is the wind blowing? You didn'6t reply to any of that, unsurprisingly,
Yes you are revelling in it it shines out from your every post. You're not the only one mind though some do it because they like to look down at the plebs of Sunderland, to reassure themselves how superior they are. Makes them feel better about themselves I suppose.

You said you voted leave on a thread at the weekend. Somebody replied, did he vote leave? Somebody else said which way is the wind blowing? You didn't reply to any of that, unsurprisingly,
Yes you are revelling in it it shines out from your every post. You're not the only one mind though some like to look down at the plebs of Sunderland to reassure themselves how superior they are. Makes them feel better about themselves.

Quote of me saying I voted Leave please marra. Search comes back with nowt. It does find plenty where I said I voted Remain though.

I don't look down on Sunderland. You'll find I often defend it. I do laugh at 'plebs' that featured on that program though, and 'plebs' who refuse to get in taxis driven by Asians. If they happen to be from Sunderland, so be it, but they'd get laughed at regardless.

I also pointed out how my dad, who is also from Sunderland, voted leave, and cited how his work had been effected negatively by FOM driving down wages. And I said that is a legitimate concern.

Have you got the right poster?

Last edited:

Back