Newcastle RVI

I had some treatment there that involved going 3 times a week for about 3 months. The multi storey car park on site gets busy but turns over all the time. I've never once gone there and not found a space. They also gave me a free car park pass for it but I don't know what qualifies you for that.

Hope your lass gets well soon.

St James isn't a terrible place to park. Easy to drive to, 15 mins walk at most and prices never used to be that bad. I know it's the Mags stadium but it really isn't a bad option.

Hope everything okay with the missus, wishing yous all the best
Don’t be f***ing stupid. Giving them horrible ***** (and their owners) money. Vile that

Hope the wife gets better quickly. If it was me I’d park at Heworth and metro in from there.

Don’t be f***ing stupid. Giving them horrible ***** (and their owners) money. Vile that

Hope the wife gets better quickly. If it was me I’d park at Heworth and metro in from there.
It's a council car park. None of the fees will be going to the club or their vile owners.

Pallion also has free parking and unlimited spaces.

But from Bishop, I reckon I’d drive, up the A1 and across the Redheugh Bridge and then round to the RVI that way. A Metro is £5.00 return plus the inconsistency in the service, weather when walking etc.

I’d go for convenience and park in the RVI multi story, especially with a 2 y/o. Parking charges are here but £21 for a week and £40 for a month is not too bad in all fairness.

Has Pallion changed ? It used to be 2 or 3 hours free maximum

I'd drive to Heworth as a minimum ,metro from Sunderland takes an age

So, Guys, looks like I'll be spending some time going back and forth to the RVI in Newcastle to visit the Mrs. Has anyone got any tips on the best way to manage the travel from Bishop Auckland? I was thinking Metro from South Hylton, or park in Gateshead & walk, or maybe park at Heworth, but it looks like that's a short stay carpark.

I'll be travelling with the 2 yr old bairn so easiest options would be preferred. Any suggestions?
It depends what time of day you will be going. RVI multi storey is ok and should be ok to get to up the A1, and Redheugh Bridge or keep going north and down the Central Motorway. Currently Queen Victoria Road is one way (St James Park towards Claremont Road). As well as multi there is St James Park multi, on street parking and Claremont got dRoad. Worth asking if qualify for discounted parking permit for the RVI as well

So, Guys, looks like I'll be spending some time going back and forth to the RVI in Newcastle to visit the Mrs. Has anyone got any tips on the best way to manage the travel from Bishop Auckland? I was thinking Metro from South Hylton, or park in Gateshead & walk, or maybe park at Heworth, but it looks like that's a short stay carpark.

I'll be travelling with the 2 yr old bairn so easiest options would be preferred. Any suggestions?
All the best to you and the family mate. The St James' suggestion seems like the best one to me with a 2 year old in tow as not too far to walk. Just to bear in mind the knock on impacts of the Tyne Bridge works onto traffic elsewhere including the Redheugh.

Back