Newcastle really does need a fence round it

Put the mag thing to oneside for minute, I do like Ritson as he seems a canny lad (and is managed by Phil Jefferies who is a MLF) however they've clearly been coerced into pushing the Toon Toon mag thing by that shitbag Eddy Hearn as it sells tickets to non-boxing fans just jumping on the bandwagon. I was at the last show watching Josh Kelly and those
supposingly supporting Ritson embarrassed themselves then. It looked even worse this time around.

On a pure boxing front Ritson will get stopped as soon as he steps up and fights a real puncher (the lad last night only had 7 ok's on his record) His foot work and boxing ability isn't the best..However Good luck to the lad I hope he makes a few quid and gets out with his health intact..

Some Sunderland fans are worse than mags at times. Build a wall around the town :oops:

So fuck they supported a local lad. Look at the love fest around Tony jefferies when he was boxing.

Hearn has his agenda which isn't always necessarily aligned with the fighter's best interests. He seems to adopt a sink or swim approach which gives fighters opportunities & suits some but not others.

I like Hearn's approach. It gives the better fighter a chance to progress their careers quickly, making them money and it makes for interesting fights. Yes, Ritson did get a bit schooled in the end but it was a very decent watch.

I'd rather see that than blokes fighting loads of puddings for years on end.

I like Hearn's approach. It gives the better fighter a chance to progress their careers quickly, making them money and it makes for interesting fights. Yes, Ritson did get a bit schooled in the end but it was a very decent watch.

I'd rather see that than blokes fighting loads of puddings for years on end.
Your final statement is spot on, Keith. It's a tough sport, so perhaps the baptism of fire is the way to go. At least fighters get a shot with Hearn. Some need to progress more steadily, so maybe they need to look elsewhere for opportunities. Although Hearn seems to be the main man in the UK now.

Back