Newcastle really does need a fence round it

Even when Jeffries or Billy Hardy was fighting, the colours were on display, but not to this extent. Nothing wrong with telling people who you support, and the odd song, but the whole build up has been about Neecastle and Newcastle United. Its a frigging boxing match, maybe Ritson should have focused more on the boxing instead of thinking he was going out there representing Newcastle united

Exactly. I'd like the whole of the North East to get behind a boxer but I didn't even watch the fight last night because I'd heard a few interviews during the week and the NUFC angle was cringeworthy. And I get that it was similar with Hardy, but I honestly cant remember it being on this level.

Too much of a step up for Ritson. No-one really bothered with him until his last fight and the stuff about Newcastle and wearing the badge on his gear. He wasn’t equipped enough/ready to fight at this level and it seems Eddie Hearn was desperate to push him more into the limelight too soon making him a headliner.

Too much of a step up for Ritson. No-one really bothered with him until his last fight and the stuff about Newcastle and wearing the badge on his gear. He wasn’t equipped enough/ready to fight at this level and it seems Eddie Hearn was desperate to push him more into the limelight too soon making him a headliner.
I think he's a decent fighter & from what little I've seen, he seems like a decent bloke anarl. It did seem a big step up for a fighter with relatively little experience & so it proved. He didn't disgrace himself but was outclassed in the end.
Laws, on the other hand, least said the better. He's only young is the standard riposte. I may be proved wrang - usually am - but I think he's in the "won't learn" category & an increase in years isn't likely to change the die that's already been cast.

I’ll go along with that.

Luckily he’s not at a level where a defeat is ‘career breaking’ yet. He’s got the tools to bounce back but needs his path slowed down a bit.

I’ll go along with that.

Luckily he’s not at a level where a defeat is ‘career breaking’ yet. He’s got the tools to bounce back but needs his path slowed down a bit.
Hearn has his agenda which isn't always necessarily aligned with the fighter's best interests. He seems to adopt a sink or swim approach which gives fighters opportunities & suits some but not others.

Aye, you’ll get no argument with the suggestion that Hearn is a selfish prick from me.

The bloke is a disease.

NUFC taking over the world it seems. They already have NUFC airport and train station now they have the arena and a boxer.

WERLD DOMYNASHUN

They used to have a Racing Car as well

He'd have been ideal on the undercard of the upcoming Bellew fight, without all the Geordie night nonsense.

Last edited:

Back