Newcastle Pub Crawl ideas (again)

Forth is a good pub to get settled in for a couple if with the missus , or a group

Id say more the former or just a couple of mates as you want to be sitting at the window. Great pub.

Taking Haymarket metro as a rough starting point I’d start off in the Town Mouse. Sink two pints of whatever 7%-ish IPA they have on then let the magic carpet ride begin.

Finish with a Bernard dark lager and a pizza in the Newcastle Tap.

And just about finish the night off with a glorious 10% vanilla stout at Social Box.

I've been married years and in all that time I have never been out with the missus on a route. She doesn't drink and so the concept of walking from pub to pub is quite alien to her. I'd get fed up asking for cappacinos or pots of tea. Plus she'd take ages to drink them so I'd manage to do three pubs tops.

I've been married years and in all that time I have never been out with the missus on a route. She doesn't drink and so the concept of walking from pub to pub is quite alien to her. I'd get fed up asking for cappacinos or pots of tea. Plus she'd take ages to drink them so I'd manage to do three pubs tops.

Poor choice of life companion there mate.

If I'm out with a squad that's more likely. But if it's just me and the missus (like he is doing here) it'll be three or four tops. But often we just find a good un and bed in.

Also, won't it depend upon the pub? Like if you get there, it's got a good atmosphere and a fave ale on tap wouldnt you prefer staying longer than darting off to potentially a place that is worse?

Me and the missus barely see each other due to her shifts let alone manage a night out together. If we do it’s generally food, though if we go down the town we may do 4 or 5 bars.

Unless it’s a planned thing where it’s going to be one bar all night (very few and far between) I get twitchy after one. As I’ve gotten older I do sometimes relent and have a second but it’s pretty much just a given when we’re out that it’s one then done in every bar. Exceptions to this are pretty much always football related if we have a good spot and it’s a decent game.

My dad’s generation were happy to spend all night in the club so when I started going out it was always one drink per bar and I’ve not changed. My daughter and her mates can quite happily stay in the same place for hours, just doesn’t appeal to me.

I agree with the poster above mind when you get a big group of people who aren’t used to it it’s a pain in the arse. The group splinters and when you get stragglers coming in 20 minutes behind you and ordering a drink without checking to see if you’re nearly done it boils my piss. Just miss this one out and go on ahead to the next one, we’ll be there in 5 minutes…..

Trent house got to be in surely from the Haymarket ? Strawberry was always a good evening bar back in the day ?then down Westgate rd and pink lane ,Telegraph or Criterion for lasts

Beautiful external, lifting internal.

Aye, but you're Sunderlands very own Peter Pan :cool:

Exit: Would you never just plonk your arse down in your local and spend three or four hours there?
No, not if there was another option.
It’s not just me though, it’s the way my mates and I grew up drinking. Everywhere is a pub crawl. In fact the only people I know who stay in one pub are old people. Even going ‘local’ for a couple of hours involves in the bell, Derby/vic/cliff, harbour and Wolsey.

I wouldn’t even entertain having a las who can’t keep up with the blokes, let alone doesn’t drink.

Last edited:
It’s not just me though, it’s the way my mates and I grew up drinking. Everywhere is a pub crawl. In fact the only people I know who stay in one pub are old people. Even going ‘local’ for a couple of hours involves in the bell, Derby/vic/cliff, harbour and Wolsey.

I wouldn’t even entertain having a las who can’t keep up with the blokes, let alone doesn’t drink.

Well that is a load of bollocks for a start

Well that is a load of bollocks for a start
Growing up is a fictional concept invented by boring fuckers whose lasses stopped them playing out when they met them.

Old ground, but you should never know if a lass can keep up with the blokes as she should never be on a lads night out.
Keep up with me then. If I go on a date with a lass, they get the exact same pub crawl I’d do with my mates. No point having a lass if she’s going to cripple your nights out with her snail like drinking.

Last edited:

She could drive you though mate ..

Back