Newcastle Pub Crawl ideas (again)

bar crawls are for wierdos.

just find a good bar, and drink in it.

Can do either, but much more likely to just settle down in one (usually at the bar), especially of an evening.

Mind a pub crawl to me is maybe four or five pubs over many an hour. Twelve bars in three hours basically necking drinks is a game for young uns IMO.

Can do either, but much more likely to just settle down in one, especially of an evening. Mind a pub crawl to me is maybe four or five pubs over many an hour. Twelve bars in three hours basically necking drinks is a game for young uns IMO.

tried it with some work lads before christmas. genuinely spent more time either queuing for a bar, walking to the next bar or stood outside of a bar waiting for people. by the time the last person was served, the first person had finished their drink and was ready to move. the whole thing was underwhelming. the only conversation people were having was what bar to go to next.

give me 1 or 2 decent bars within 10 minutes walk of each other.

quite like the split chimp near central. had a good sesh one afternoon in there, and went in with our lass a few month ago and got cracking on with a few yanks for a good while. The telegraph can be good crack if theres not too many people eating. i quite like alvinos too.

tried it with some work lads before christmas. genuinely spent more time either queuing for a bar, walking to the next bar or stood outside of a bar waiting for people. by the time the last person was served, the first person had finished their drink and was ready to move. the whole thing was underwhelming. the only conversation people were having was what bar to go to next.

give me 1 or 2 decent bars within 10 minutes walk of each other.

quite like the split chimp near central. had a good sesh one afternoon in there, and went in with our lass a few month ago and got cracking on with a few yanks for a good while. The telegraph can be good crack if theres not too many people eating. i quite like alvinos too.

I know what you mean.

Tbf sir most of my pub crawls start at the Isis and finish at the Saltgrass. So that's four pubs, and none are particularly rammed.

Well, there or Ouseburn. Which is my favourite "crawl".

Last time in Newcastle we just did The Forth, Split Chimp, Social Box and Telegraph.

Does me.

5 swans
Crows nest
Percy arms
3 bulls head
Rosie’s bar
Rose and crown
Beehive
As well as the 5 swans, did there used to be another pub at the bus station- maybe where M&S is now. i may be imagining it but there is something in the back of my mind- rough as well as well.

surely you mean once you're in the Beehive you'll never leave

cos you'll either be stuck to the carpet, or unconscious from the stench

;)

Beautiful external, lifting internal.

I can’t stay in the same pub for more than 2 drinks. I get an overwhelming urge to get out, so my idea of hell is one pub all night.

Aye, but you're Sunderlands very own Peter Pan :cool:

Exit: Would you never just plonk your arse down in your local and spend three or four hours there?

Last edited:
Osborne road is shite imho if you're gonna be walking may as well start at gossy high str, shields road or low fell

This. Don’t even countenance Jesmond.

Taking Haymarket metro as a rough starting point I’d start off in the Town Mouse. Sink two pints of whatever 7%-ish IPA they have on then let the magic carpet ride begin.

Finish with a Bernard dark lager and a pizza in the Newcastle Tap.

As well as the 5 swans, did there used to be another pub at the bus station- maybe where M&S is now. i may be imagining it but there is something in the back of my mind- rough as well as well.

There was farmers back in day now there is the Junction used to eb Old Orleans - it's not rough though

Crows nest
hotspur
percy arms
three bulls
rosies
Newcastle arms
(keep away from gate at all costs)
town wall
forth
vic & comet

got to pop in raffertys if ya ganning that route

I'm with Dave here. Very rarely have more than one in a bar when out with me mates, at most it might be 2 or 3 if there's a match on and we have a good spot, but generally it's one pint then off to the next one.

If I'm out with a squad that's more likely. But if it's just me and the missus (like he is doing here) it'll be three or four tops. But often we just find a good un and bed in.

Also, won't it depend upon the pub? Like if you get there, it's got a good atmosphere and a fave ale on tap wouldnt you prefer staying longer than darting off to potentially a place that is worse?

Last edited:

Back