Newcastle Pub Crawl ideas (again)

Pacific, Huxters (not called that anymore), Sgt Peppers, The Hancock(????), Crows Nest (???), The Goose :D, the Labour Club, all the scratty bars round by The Gate, then down to The Forth, The Town Wall, and the bar in the station. Some cans from Sainsburys for the train or metro home.

Mario Kart the next day.

The pubs on Percy St at the Haymarket end are ok but as you towards The Gate the become more and more like the Star Wars canteena.

I'd just stay around Central personally

Id mooch along from haymarket station to the Town Mouse Micro Ale house then a couple of doors down is The Five Swans then as there's not much going on on the main drag id head down to Lady Greys and Bacchus (cant remember which order they are?) before making ones way towards Central. Id go into The Vineyard then walk along to The Split Chimp, then slightly back on yourself to Box Social mirco pub (in one of the arches) then finish off in The Telegraph (the juke box alone makes it worth a visit).

Edit: Looks like my route is the best :cool:

Last edited:
Id mooch along from haymarket station to the Town Mouse Micro Ale house then a couple of doors down is The Five Swans then as there's not much going on on the main drag id head down to Lady Greys and Bacchus (cant remember which order they are?) before making ones way towards Central. Id go into The Vineyard then walk along to The Split Chimp, then slightly back on yourself to Box Social mirco pub (in one of the arches) then finish off in The Telegraph (the juke box alone makes it worth a visit).

Edit: Looks like my route is the best :cool:

Thats a cracking route like

5 swans
Crows nest
Percy arms
3 bulls head
Rosie’s bar
Rose and crown
Beehive

Hotspur before Percy. Then after beehive go old George and Duke of Wellington the end up in Harry's for a milf

Start at West Jesmond - Lonsdale - osbourne Road - walk to haymarket - stack - grey street

Osborne road is shite imho if you're gonna be walking may as well start at gossy high str, shields road or low fell

Haymarket is shit

Get off at Monument, and either do places like Botanist, Harrys, Browns, Barluga or, if it was me, head straight to Lady Greys, then Bacchus, Fitzgeralds (not a fan myself), Pleased to Meet You, cut through the Bigg Market and along Collingwood Street (plenty to choose from if you fancy one of those type of bars). Then Head of Steam (again not a fan myself), Newcastle Tap, Town Wall and Forth. Optionally head down the Bigg Market and into The Bridge Hotel then Split Chimp and the Telegraph. Never been in Box Social but if Mowsy recommends it it’ll be canny.

Basically Grey Street and Central Station area are a better option than Haymarket

OP asks for suggestions starting at point A as he wants to explore that area. People suggest starting off at Point C and f***ing off the place he wants to explore :lol:
Exactly. I know the station and grey street area. Got no interest in the gate or bigg market. I’m out with the missus and we like exploring places we’ve never been. If they’re shit we’ll not go back. The idea of asking this is so that I’m not coming out of a pub and dithering about which way to walk.

At what rate are you putting the pints away Herbs lad?
With her in tow, probably about 30 mins per pub.

Last edited:
Exactly. I know the station and grey street area. Got no interest in the gate or bigg market. I’m out with the missus and we like exploring places we’ve never been. If they’re shit we’ll not go back. The idea of asking this is so that I’m not coming out of a pub and dithering about which way to walk.

With her in tow, probably about 30 mins per pub.

Enjoy my route marra.

Back