Newcastle in tier 3

How does testing reduce cases ?
It'll identify asymptomatic superspreaders for one, and anyone who has just shrugged of covid as "a cold" and would bring the numbers down (if folks isolated as they should do etc).
Absolute lies
Some of it will be down to the arseholes just mingling regardless / not wearing masks and acting like dicks mind.

Last edited:
The thick bastards who STILL do not play the game getting wound up because we are in tier 3. :rolleyes:
If they did what they were supposed to do, then our region wouldn't be where we are.

I'm not wound up that we're in T3 as I thought we'd be borderline anyway.

What annoys me is that
A) London isn't when it should be.
B) they've included Northumberland in with the rest of the NE when there's hardly any cases there
C) they've managed to make an exception for Slough to keep the rest of Berkshire in T2, so why cant they do similar up here?

It's usual southern bias

Tier 3 here in Kent. C**** in London getti g away with it. All those who were testing positive in Canterbury where 90% students. They’re all pissing if hone now. Daughter is at uni in tier 2 but can come back to a tier 3 zone
Were they? Numbers have been very low at UoK.

Tier 3 here in Kent. C**** in London getti g away with it. All those who were testing positive in Canterbury where 90% students. They’re all pissing if hone now. Daughter is at uni in tier 2 but can come back to a tier 3 zone
Actually, I checked.

From the council website:
Cases per 100,000 people in Canterbury (so not total) in the last week, 224.3.

University Of Kent cases in the same 7 day period 23 on campus, 14 off campus, 3 staff = 40. 286 cases total since 7th September.

Christchurch is a smaller University, with smaller numbers:
142 total, 36 in the last week.

The BBC checker says:
390 total for Canterbury in the last week and 2,393 to date.

That gives 76/390 for the last week = 19%
or (275+142)/2393 in total = 17% total

That is a long way from your 90% claim. I.e. 83% of cases are not from the University.

How the fuck did we end up in tier 3 when our cases are dropping significantly ? One of my poor mates on Facebook is crying her head off as she's a pub worker with 2 bairns who would normally bang in more hours and get tips over the festive period bless her :(

Being based in the NE.
It doesn’t ! They are just rewarding Liverpool for having mass testing ! London was never going above T2 the Tories would not have it ! But NE and NW especially nasty burnham were always going to be kicked

Nailed it.

Absolute lies
Nor.
It's right, just think about it.
If you play the game like you're supposed to be doing, and not bending the rules to suit yourself, - which a huge amount of people have done over the last 3 weeks of lockdown- then there wouldn't be the spread of the virus.
Simple as that really.

Back