Newcastle in tier 3

Our R rate is the same as london and liverpools. Manchester and the northwest is lower but we are in a harsher tier

Couldnt make it up 🤣🤣

If I'm reading these charts correctly, Darlington (and Durham) still has a higher bed occupancy than Redcar (South Tees?) and at levels which might put pressure on non-Covid treatment.

Exclusive: Covid pressure still rising at dozens of hospitals

was just quoting 2 places as an example for geographical reasons - same as argument as why Northumberland is treat same as Sunderland.

with regards Redcar - south tees is mainly James cook in Boro but does cover Redcar also

How the fuck did we end up in tier 3 when our cases are dropping significantly ? One of my poor mates on Facebook is crying her head off as she's a pub worker with 2 bairns who would normally bang in more hours and get tips over the festive period bless her :(
It’s an absolute f***ing disgrace.

It’s real, it kills people but it’s not worth the end of these businesses and industries. Needs to be a middle ground, too far gone now though.

not think part of issue is expected behaviour?

Go to T2 & you'll have queues at pubs on first day & Bigg market etc rammed again.

So not just % now but expected impact of saying to North East "get back into the boozer". Scenes after lockdown were crackers.

And that won't be happening in other parts of the country that are in tier 2? Bet the bars in Liverpool will be rammed

Our R rate is the same as london and liverpools. Manchester and the northwest is lower but we are in a harsher tier

Couldnt make it up 🤣🤣
It also factors in hospital admissions, people in hospital and cases in over 60s. All of which are worse than London and Liverpool (I think). There's an explanation on the gov website.

How the fuck did we end up in tier 3 when our cases are dropping significantly ? One of my poor mates on Facebook is crying her head off as she's a pub worker with 2 bairns who would normally bang in more hours and get tips over the festive period bless her :(
Friends of mine run the local. The landlady has had to get herself another job ironically a logistics coordinator at a covid test centre

was just quoting 2 places as an example for geographical reasons - same as argument as why Northumberland is treat same as Sunderland.

with regards Redcar - south tees is mainly James cook in Boro but does cover Redcar also

Accessibility to hospitals would be my guess, after all the goal is to protect them from being swamped. In the end it wouldn't matter where you draw the lines of a region, someone would find an issue with it.

Thats the effect from testing the whole population. Cases fell by two thirds. Instead of whinging about pubs it might be better to ask when we are getting mass testing.
People losing jobs and livelihoods is hardly whinging.
I cant see how gyms can open if pubs and restaurants can't. I visit all three and the gym is by far the worst place. You can smell the sweat etc when you walk in.

Hope there’s some protests. This whole thing is exceptionally unjust. We’ve completely lost the plot - people will back in the future on what a catastrophe our response has been to this.

It also factors in hospital admissions, people in hospital and cases in over 60s. All of which are worse than London and Liverpool (I think). There's an explanation on the gov website.
How long have they been arsed about that stat?

They put 1000s of the poor fuckers into care homes to be killed off a few months ago

On the plus side being in T3 now should mean going into the 5 day spread at Christmas with lower levels.
Liverpools cases have fallen to 177 per 100,000. London is rising as a whole and some of the boroughs are higher than Sunderland.
Very special case. There wil also be wide spread spreading when they leave London for Xmas with loved ones. Strange decision can only assume it was political rather than science.

Last edited:
Apologies if Seb.

The LA7 cases per 100k is currently 293, not 318 as showing in the statement.

Is this another case of the Government using incorrect data that so nearly put us in tier 3 first time round before the LA7 stepped in with the correct figures?

Back