Newcastle away New Years Day 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I heard you use a word relating to the dark skin colour of an opposition player that is an anagram of the colour of your hair in a derogatory manner." - there is as much truth in that statement as there is in yours.

What a shit post :lol:

Thought not. :lol:

If this is the doctored photo with the monkey faces then i'm another one that has seen it. Loads of mags on skunkers have mentioned seeing it in the past.

If this is the doctored photo with the monkey faces then i'm another one that has seen it. Loads of mags on skunkers have mentioned seeing it in the past.

Who produced it? a couple of NF/BNP campaigners? Not really football supporters. There are racists everywhere - if you think we don't have a problem then you are deaf.

Oh do fuck off you self righteous tit. We have never plumbed those depths, not even close.:roll:I was in the East gallowgate aka the Corner that day and saw it all first hand.

Really?

You obviously weren't in clockstand v Villa in the League Cup as recent as 1994.

Small (Brian I think) got loads that evening

Who produced it? a couple of NF/BNP campaigners? Not really football supporters. There are racists everywhere - if you think we don't have a problem then you are deaf.

Simply confirming it was made as some posters were suggesting Bristow had made it up. Also in my above post I said I had seen plenty of racist chanting at Sunderland so i'm not sure why the fuck you are directing that at me. I dont know how old you are but I would stake my life that you werent in SJP on the 1st January 1985. This thread was about the experience people had that day and not for half arsed, ill in formed posters who werent even there to say 'we did/do stuff as well'.

You werent there, you know fuck all about it and it was one of the worst displays of racism ever inside a British football ground. If you want to spend time proving what a well adjusted, fair minded tosser you are than by all means carry on.

Really?

You obviously weren't in clockstand v Villa in the League Cup as recent as 1994.

I was at both games - you definitely werent as that is a statement you couldnt possibly make.

Really?

No, I was in the Fulwell end.
We can all roll out scummy events but non as bad as the Mags. All of it is wrong, but I won't have it that we are as bad as them.

Simply confirming it was made as some posters were suggesting Bristow had made it up. Also in my above post I said I had seen plenty of racist chanting at Sunderland so i'm not sure why the fuck you are directing that at me. I dont know how old you are but I would stake my life that you werent in SJP on the 1st January 1985. This thread was about the experience people had that day and not for half arsed, ill in formed posters who werent even there to say 'we did/do stuff as well'.

You werent there, you know fuck all about it and it was one of the worst displays of racism ever inside a British football ground. If you want to spend time proving what a well adjusted, fair minded tosser you are than by all means carry on.

I was at both games - you definitely werent as that is a statement you couldnt possibly make.

well said marra

Ive posted this on the Howard Gayle thread but thought it deserved its own thread. Gayle and Benno were both sent off and younger fans may be interested in what went on that day (see the link)

I was there and the Scum surpassed themselves on that day they were an absolute disgrace to the human race. Benno & Howie I felt for you both then and reading this it all comes back to me.

And for any f***ing SKUNKS reading this click on this link YOU BASTARDS

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/...20&siteid=50081-name_page.html#story_continue

TBF I'd ignore Ged Greby, he's a Marxist anti-racist dupe who'll exaggerate and mislead to further his cause. Had a proper argument with him at a conference thing in Newcastle about a year ago. He ended up saying to a room of 100 people 'Does anyone agree with XXXXXX? Raise you hand if you agree with XXXXX? Come one? Anyone? Do you? Do you?'. I told him he was a disgrace after he tried to say that the riots in London were 'soley to do with racism against blacks and austerity' :roll:

TBF I'd ignore Ged Greby, he's a Marxist anti-racist dupe who'll exaggerate and mislead to further his cause. Had a proper argument with him at a conference thing in Newcastle about a year ago. He ended up saying to a room of 100 people 'Does anyone agree with XXXXXX? Raise you hand if you agree with XXXXX? Come one? Anyone? Do you? Do you?'. I told him he was a disgrace after he tried to say that the riots in London were 'soley to do with racism against blacks and austerity' :roll:

Theres nothing to disagree with. If you were there you know he is spot on - plenty of fair minded mags are happy to agree.

He he, my thoughts exactly splodge.

I was at THAT match, in with the Mags.
He is not making it up.

I was at THAT match, in with the Mags.
He is not making it up.

Sorry I'll rephrase.

I'm not saying that racism wasn't prevalent, or to a disgusting level.

But it is in this guys interests to overplay it to any level possible, and having listened to him for 2 hours I know he tends to overplay things generally to maximise his cause.

So while the racism was there - 'the whole 30,000 people, every single one involved' is what I'd expect from him.

Back then it happened at every ground, roker included, i was at that game they f***ing mullered us, Beardsley was a class apart :mad:

Is this why we sing because of new year day? Or did something else happen?

that started after the game on NYD 1980, nowt happened, we got tonked and everybody had a version, we just fitted in

NYD 1985 was a different kettle of fish altogether, outright hostile, I felt for Gary Bennett that day. More people will have 85 in mind when they think of that chant but it actuall started in 80

We may not be angels but Ive supported SAFC since 1958 - the first black player I saw was Albert Joanneson (Leeds) and no one at Roker Park racially abused him and I dont EVER recall monkey chants at away black players EVER at a Sunderland home game. You need to read the story in the link

You must have hearing difficultes son becos late 70`s- early 80`s it was common place in the roker end

Sunderland fans falling over themselves to prove us all to be racist. Incredible.
When you get 1000's of people in one place, you get arseholes.

Sunderland fans falling over themselves to prove us all to be racist. Incredible.
When you get 1000's of people in one place, you get arseholes.

Or maybe they are being honest and not using any and every situation to have a go at NUFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back