Newcastle away New Years Day 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you produce an article like the OP then?

It's a shame the mods have deleted the Marty McFadden/Racism thread on here from a few weeks back, where Sunderland fans, en masse, admitted that they often hear racism at the SoL but aren't remotely bothered by it or even endorse it.

Thankfully we've very much moved on from the dark days of the eighties, hopefully one day you lot might join us (not holding my breath like).

No, it was a dig at Newcastle fans. Why did you rush to defend them by trying to tar us too?

Show where i've defended their actions? Another lie i'm afraid. I was trying to explain the original poster that the problem of racism back in the day was a society thing not which football team you supported. Do you disagree with that?

It's a shame the mods have deleted the Marty McFadden/Racism thread on here from a few weeks back, where Sunderland fans, en masse, admitted that they often hear racism at the SoL but aren't remotely bothered by it or even endorse it.

Thankfully we've very much moved on from the dark days of the eighties, hopefully one day you lot might join us (not holding my breath like).

One week ago

How old are you out of curiosity? Our 'dark days' in the 80's were fuck all to do with racism. :roll:

Show where i've defended their actions? Another lie i'm afraid. I was trying to explain the original poster that the problem of racism back in the day was a society thing not which football team you supported. Do you disagree with that?

How old are you?

Where do you mention society then?

Sorry like but I attended every game home and away in the early eighties and I saw some terrible scenes of racism from Sunderland fans. We all did, it was the way society was back then.

I remember vividly both the Roker, Fulwell and clock stand singing he's a wog to Justin Fanshau as a banana landed at his feet, he stood with his hands on his hips looking at the banana, I still get shivers down my spine thinking about it now, it must have been terrible for the lad.

I also saw NF bollocks handed out at many a home game outside the stands.
Me too, not that long ago either. There are racists all over the country to suggest that the racist element of the mags are any worse than ours is to have selective hearing.

Do you have the article to hand by any chance?

I don't but I saw it

Despite me saying the opposite on this thread?

Wasn't me that introduced it to this thread though.

What possible reason could I have for making up stories about some Sunderland fans singing racist songs? Are you really that naive to believe we didn't do it?

Me too, not that long ago either. There are racists all over the country to suggest that the racist element of the mags are any worse than ours is to have selective hearing.

I was one of the 5000 at SJP on 1 January 1985 as was Bristow. There will not be one of those 5000 people that have ever been in a football environment as racist as that and never will be until the day they die.

Wider arguments are fine - ive experienced racism, monkey noises and chanting at Roker to the likes of Hilaire, Crooks, Chamberlain etc but by pockets of fans and nowhere near the mass collective effort of that day.

No moral high ground just a statement of fact.

Last edited:
That wouldn't stand up in a court of law.

Other people saw it too, Ocams Razor halfway down in 2010

What possible reason could I have for making up stories about some Sunderland fans singing racist songs? Are you really that naive to believe we didn't do it?

Nowhere have I said we didn't do it.
I have merely stated that they shouldn't be excused as we were guilty too, albeit at a much lower level of cuntisness

I don't but I saw it

"I heard you use a word relating to the dark skin colour of an opposition player that is an anagram of the colour of your hair in a derogatory manner." - there is as much truth in that statement as there is in yours.

"I heard you use a word relating to the dark skin colour of an opposition player that is an anagram of the colour of your hair in a derogatory manner." - there is as much truth in that statement as there is in yours.

In which statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back