Newcastle away New Years Day 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part is a lie? I say it happened, I was there, you say it didn't happen. Have you read my posts? I'm not justifying anyone's actions but pointing out that the problem wasn't Sunderland or Newcastle but societys as a whole.

If you were a Newcastle fan in the 80's it didn't mean you had more chance of being a racist.

Why do you feel the need to immediately defend Newcastle fans by bringing us into it then?
I don't believe there is much difference between us and them, only that they had more bellends doing racist shite than us.

Garth Crooks has a massive chip on his shoulder about the colour of his skin,i'm not a racist but a lot of the time they seem to have a problem with their colour,not us,just my opinion like.

I think that's probably pretty fair comment - good post

Newcastle was worse than Sunderland for racist abuse in the 70s and 80s, just as it was for hooliganism. The two often went hand in hand.

But the worst was England, Chelsea (one and the same to a large degree), Leeds and Everton.

Fair play to the Newcastle fans who set up Show Racism The Red Card and Geordies Are Balck & White. They made a difference.

there was like - the whole Fulwell singing "he's a wog a wog, it's plain to see to see, he's blacker than you and me, he's a wog a wog"

we grew out of it before the skunks by signing the likes of Bennett and Gayle but it's no good denying it didn't happen before then

Remember pockets of lads singing it but not the whole Fulwell. I was there on the day in question and it was the vast majority of the skunk support. I worked through there at the time and they thought it was great. Around that time or even before they had a black striker Tony Cunningham. He was affectionately known as "Wor Wog" by the skunks I worked with,

Why do you feel the need to immediately defend Newcastle fans by bringing us into it then?
I don't believe there is much difference between us and them, only that they had more bellends doing racist shite than us.

The original post was made as a dig at Newcastle fans, my point was that it wasn't Newcastle's problem

The original post was made as a dig at Newcastle fans, my point was that it wasn't Newcastle's problem

Ok, we can never discuss anything with a comparison to condemn us then.

Of all the things for a Sunderland fan to try and have a dig at Newcastle over, you choose racism?

Oh dear, one area where you definitely don't have the high ground.

Not sure if its been said but the skunks took our team photo and coloured all the white players faces in as well to show all of our team as all black lads

Oh do fuck off you self righteous tit. We have never plumbed those depths, not even close.:roll:
I was in the East gallowgate aka the Corner that day and saw it all first hand.

So was I. Was in the Hodgson's before hand anarl.

Probably my worst experience as a Sunderland fan. The monstrous hangover didn't help like.

Of all the things for a Sunderland fan to try and have a dig at Newcastle over, you choose racism?

Oh dear, one area where you definitely don't have the high ground.

Can you produce an article like the OP then?

I am glad mags have toned it down a bit as it was embarrassing for football. I have witnessed racist behaviour from them on a train as well very recently, I was a quiet neutral sitting near the back of the carriage and they were abusing an old brown man with I assume his grand-daughter until they were both in tears. It turned my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back