Newcastle away New Years Day 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've lost me there!

I'm discussing the opening post by saying it's underlying point is bollocks, if you've got racist views it makes no difference if you support Newcastle or Sunderland or are there racists worse than ours?

So why bring us into it? And why lie?
Godwins law will be implemented very soon.
Seems to me that you are justifying the Mags that day by saying "well we did it too!"
Were you at the match btw?

Read the link you Skunk twat

I have. It's a stark account of some pretty disgraceful racism a few decades ago that is now thankfully all but stamped out at Newcastle United games, partly due to the fantastic work of SRTC.

I'm not the daft twat claiming to have never heard monkey chants at an SAFC game. I've been in the away end at your gaff and heard that Shola song sung a few times over the years.

I have. It's a stark account of some pretty disgraceful racism a few decades ago that is now thankfully all but stamped out at Newcastle United games, partly due to the fantastic work of SRTC.

I'm not the daft twat claiming to have never heard monkey chants at an SAFC game. I've been in the away end at your gaff and heard that Shola song sung a few times over the years.

I haven't. Seems that everything you lot come to our ground you hear and see stuff that we don't.
I can remember a very badly advised " Rule Britannia" when Oliver Bernard came on .

Ive posted this on the Howard Gayle thread but thought it deserved its own thread. Gayle and Benno were both sent off and younger fans may be interested in what went on that day (see the link)

I was there and the Scum surpassed themselves on that day they were an absolute disgrace to the human race. Benno & Howie I felt for you both then and reading this it all comes back to me.

And for any f***ing SKUNKS reading this click on this link YOU BASTARDS

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/...20&siteid=50081-name_page.html#story_continue

Remember the match well for all the wrong reasons. Almost got squashed to death on one of the concrete barriers in The Leazes end, we got beat, 2 players sent off and there and back in my mates dads red Lada.

After reading the whole thread can I just add that the majority of the people singing the racist stuff back in the early 80's were probably not racist at all. We would sing anything and everything to annoy the opposition fans or players. So if they were black they got racist chants, if they were peados they got the shag your kids song, if we saw someone fat in their away fans we pointed and sang you fat bastard, we even called Peter withe a werewolf. When Liverpool came they got Shanklys dead, when Manu came they got who is that dying on the runaway.

Now you can all sit there and deny it but I saw it, I was there, it happened and nowt you can say will alter that. What is important is we don't do it now, we have evolved, we have matured up, society has moved on but don't deny that it happened.

I don't think the mags were any more racist than the Sunderland crowd in the 70s and 80s. The signing of Roly Gregoire in 1978 (now he was some player) put a brake on recist attitudes at Roker Park earlier than at St. James'.

Howard Gayle had of course played for NUFC on loan before he joined us.

By the way, the match on 1 January 1985 is often portrayed by the mags as if they hammered us, which is anything but the truth. We outplayed them for most of the match. The result is, of course, everything.

Sorry like but I attended every game home and away in the early eighties and I saw some terrible scenes of racism from Sunderland fans. We all did, it was the way society was back then.

I remember vividly both the Roker, Fulwell and clock stand singing he's a wog to Justin Fanshau as a banana landed at his feet, he stood with his hands on his hips looking at the banana, I still get shivers down my spine thinking about it now, it must have been terrible for the lad.

I also saw NF bollocks handed out at many a home game outside the stands.

Not that vividly then.
I can only surmise that I am in fact deaf and blind as all of these KKK meetings at the Ssol and Roker were missed by me, despite me being there.

I am doubtful of his reasons though and simply don't buy it.
And the post you are quoting me on, I am quoting a Mag on.

Not one person has backed you up...your going on like because you think Sunderland wernt as bad as Newcastle is ok??

You must be deaf and or blinkered....both were as bad as each other, and you know it.

Why would he possibly make something like that up?

It was also early eighties before your time, so he would know better than you.

Shola song was sang in the early 80's?

Not one person has backed you up...your going on like because you think Sunderland wernt as bad as Newcastle is ok??

You must be deaf and or blinkered....both were as bad as each other, and you know it.

I don't understand why we are brought into it.
And no, I don't believe we had as many knackers as they have/did.
Ask Bobby and John Barnes.

Oh do fuck off you self righteous tit. We have never plumbed those depths, not even close.:roll:
I was in the East gallowgate aka the Corner that day and saw it all first hand.

I'm afraid we have like, I remember going to roker as a young lad and hearing many chants of "he's a w**, a w**, its plain to see, hes blacker than u and me, hes a w** a w**". At one game where this chant was starting a black bloke stood a few yards from us in the Fulwell end pulled his hood over his head.

It was a different world then and the racism was shocking

Not that vividly then.
I can only surmise that I am in fact deaf and blind as all of these KKK meetings at the Ssol and Roker were missed by me, despite me being there.

I don't know what to say m8, you were there and I was there, it did actually happen quite regular. :confused:

I'm afraid we have like, I remember going to roker as a young lad and hearing many chants of "he's a w**, a w**, its plain to see, hes blacker than u and me, hes a w** a w**". At one game where this chant was starting a black bloke stood a few yards from us in the Fulwell end pulled his hood over his head.

It was a different world then and the racism was shocking

Can I see an article to back this up please.

After reading the whole thread can I just add that the majority of the people singing the racist stuff back in the early 80's were probably not racist at all. We would sing anything and everything to annoy the opposition fans or players. So if they were black they got racist chants, if they were peados they got the shag your kids song, if we saw someone fat in their away fans we pointed and sang you fat bastard, we even called Peter withe a werewolf. When Liverpool came they got Shanklys dead, when Manu came they got who is that dying on the runaway.

Now you can all sit there and deny it but I saw it, I was there, it happened and nowt you can say will alter that. What is important is we don't do it now, we have evolved, we have matured up, society has moved on but don't deny that it happened.

I think that's probably pretty fair comment - good post

dirty bristow said:
I haven't. Seems that everything you lot come to our ground you hear and see stuff that we don't.
I can remember a very badly advised " Rule Britannia" when Oliver Bernard came on .

Didn't ALS's editor very recently admit there's still a big problem with racism at your matches?

Didn't ALS's editor very recently admit there's still a big problem with racism at your matches?

No idea, did he?
Is the "big problem" a lone bellend or a mass display of racist activity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back