Newcastle away New Years Day 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno what's worse, the fact it was there in the first place, or the fact its existence is being denied now that the evidence has gone.

Maybe you had something in the thread you'd prefer stays hidden.

No, but then I've only been to your place half a dozen or so times and at that time there wasn't much racism towards white players.

I know from a lad who followed Newcastle home and away 1984-1990that: "there's no black in the union jack" was a regular feature at your place. I followed SAFC same period home and away and didn't hear it once. I know from this lad that loads of you in the Gallowgate Corner took pride from taking the piss out of black players.

In terms of SAFC, I've heard zulu being chanted at Jamie Lawrence and the chalkie/midnight - Gary Bennett. I can put my hand on my heart and say we weren't bad at all considering the economic difficulties and the area being pretty much all white.

There are two reasons why: 1) As has already been said, we had black players and you didn't (bar Tony Cunningham - remember: "he's shit, he's black send the fucker back"? - never heard that sang at Benno. 2) You always had a higher percentage of half-a-heeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back