Newborn baby sleeping advice..

Get a white noise app for your phone. Very handy should a nap be required when out and about and a bit of peace is needed

Mine both have dummies.

I think you do whatever works for you. Dummies, swaddling, formula, whatever the fuck works.

Every single bit of this.

As the mother of two year old twins who have slept through the night from 12 weeks and 9 months respectively, I’d say swaddling is good advice when they are that age.
2 weeks is too young for a routine though so just go with it, and tough it out. After about 6 weeks I think she will find her routine and start settling. But in those early days it’s tough and you shouldn’t start to try and force her into anything. Demand feeding, don’t ever wake a sleeping baby to feed (other than on medical advice).

Also, I’d say it’s in the genes. If you don’t have a sleeper, it’s not always your fault.
Oh and congrats. :)

Our health visitor advised we should swaddle. :D
Yeah she did for our eldest (2 1/2) and said they are now advising not to this tine round!

It’s a good age. They just get better and funnier mind. Mine are at the chuntering stage. One has been walking around the house today singing “all day long” from the Wheels on the Bus to himself all day. Just that line, nothing else.

Some versions of that song have changed it to "all through the town" :rolleyes:

It’s a good age. They just get better and funnier mind. Mine are at the chuntering stage. One has been walking around the house today singing “all day long” from the Wheels on the Bus to himself all day. Just that line, nothing else.

Keep a note of these things somewhere. Facebook memories makes me giggle when I read something funny they said or did several years ago that I'd forgotten about.

Some versions of that song have changed it to "all through the town" :rolleyes:
Americanisation bollocks.

No child of mine will be singing that.

Keep a note of these things somewhere. Facebook memories makes me giggle when I read something funny they said or did several years ago that I'd forgotten about.
Mr Bells takes the loss because i take a lot of photos and videos of random every day stuff. Then a year later and it comes up on my Timehop and he’s all over it.

You can really see their personalities shining through at this stage. Seb is so quite and caring, Chloe is gonna be a handful, she’s so bossy and headstrong. They’re class.

Congratulations! Whatever solution you find for the sleep, enjoy having a tiny baby while it lasts. She'll soon fly the nest and you'll wonder where all the time went (according to my mam, that is: I haven't any kids myself).

Absolutely this. Before mine I had loads of ideas, didn’t want them to have dummies, didn’t want them to watch tv etc. Sharp went out the window!
Me too.
My first was quite strictly brought up; number two, a little less so, and the third just brought herself up I think.

The all have different personalities anyway and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for the others.

Your daughter has a pretty name.

Mine did the same for a canny while :)

Congratulations! Whatever solution you find for the sleep, enjoy having a tiny baby while it lasts. She'll soon fly the nest and you'll wonder where all the time went (according to my mam, that is: I haven't any kids myself).
to be entirely honest, I don't really remember much about that year of my life!

Back