Newbie camera advice

Just after a spot of advice from the photographers of the smb. My mrs (no) wants a camera for her birthday, she takes some great photos on her phone and it’s something she’d like to get into so she wants a camera.

She’s not keen on anything bulky with loads of lenses that you have to take on and off. She may well get one of those in the future if she really gets into it. Can spend up to £500, maybe more of it’s a good one.

She’s wanting software to edit the pictures too and there’s talk of a class.

Any recommendations?

No specific recommendations, but you can look at bridge cameras (quite large but with a fixed zoom lens rather than interchangeable), or if they are too large its down to a good spec compact.

Don’t rule out interchangeable lenses though, some of the ‘compact system cameras’ with just a couple of lenses would be within budget and can be a very small and capable package. (EOS-M range in my case but others will be just as good)

Reading that back,I have probably made your decisions a whole lot harder rather than easier now!

No specific recommendations, but you can look at bridge cameras (quite large but with a fixed zoom lens rather than interchangeable), or if they are too large its down to a good spec compact.

Don’t rule out interchangeable lenses though, some of the ‘compact system cameras’ with just a couple of lenses would be within budget and can be a very small and capable package. (EOS-M range in my case but others will be just as good)

Reading that back,I have probably made your decisions a whole lot harder rather than easier now!
Haha, cheers Roger. Heading to look at some tonight. The bridge cameras seem a good option

Back