New Zealand bans house sales to non-resident foreigners

Ban second home ownership first, or it has to be let out at local council set rates equivalent to a council/association run property
What if it's off a significantly higher standard than the properties rented out by local councils? What if someone is happy to pay for that bit extra luxury?

Hmm. Let me see if I get this....

Not enough UK houses for UK residents?

Happy to for non residents to live in UK houses?

Not happy for non residents to own houses?

So, who is going to buy these houses then?

Because from what I can see, if we ban rich people from owning property, there will be no jobs for house builders.

Like I said at the beginning of this thread - it's fine to stop rich people making a living - but not poor people. Hypocrisy.
Maybe have another go at a coherent post when you've sobered up a bit?

Because from what I can see, if we ban rich people from owning property, there will be no jobs for house builders.

Like I said at the beginning of this thread - it's fine to stop rich people making a living - but not poor people. Hypocrisy.
You don't got it marra.

I may be way off beam here but the area of New Zealand is just slightly larger than that of the UK. The population of UK is about 65.6 million. The population of New Zealand is 4.6 million, and they say they have a problem. Am I missing something? have they not room for another 60 million or so people?
You forgot to account for all the sheep. Will no one think of the sheep?

Usually when New Zealand want to boost the economy they just get Peter Jackson to make a Tolkien book into a move. This seems like a massive fuck on. I’m out.

Usually when New Zealand want to boost the economy they just get Peter Jackson to make a Tolkien book into three pointless movies where not much happens but the effects make it look good. This seems like a massive fuck on. I’m out.
Fixed that for ya!

It's ridiculous. So if I won the lottery I can't retire to new Zealand. Fuck them then.

Fecking Hell Fella, more ridiculous expecting to potentially win the lottery, you have more chance of getting a house in New Zealand than winning the lottery. Even with Foreigners banned! :lol:

Do you know what resident means? How the fuck can a non resident live in a uk house?

Ah well as an Aussie I could buy one. If anyone does win the lotto and wants a NZ property let me know and I can buy it for a nice fee.

Actually Australia passed this very law or very similar about four years ago. Foreigners can buy new property off plan but not existing.

Back