New Zealand 2024 Test Tour

I've booked refundable accommodation in Christchurch and Wellington.

Haven't booked any flights yet. Bit of a ball ache as there's been no direct flights between the UK and NZ since Covid. Long(ish) stopovers to an already long journey and only really international flights into Auckland not ideal. On the plus side internal flights in NZ are cheap and plentiful.
To fit around their already manic schedule, would be my guess.

Schedule is ideal for the travelling supporter tbf. Most countries want a minimum three-test series against us at their place to maximise revenue.

Last edited:

Haven't booked any flights yet. Bit of a ball ache as there's been no direct flights between the UK and NZ since Covid. Long(ish) stopovers to an already long journey and only really international flights into Auckland not ideal. On the plus side internal flights in NZ are cheap and plentiful.

Schedule is ideal for the travelling supporter tbf. Most countries want a minimum three-test series against us at their place to maximise revenue.

I bet it is mate, just don’t mention it to Pep.

Enjoy mate. I flew to Australia in January with Cathay Pacific. Singapore Airlines are also very good. I got a flight from Brisbane to Auckland for £120 and a flight back from Christchurch to Brisbane for £90.
I watched NZ play Pakistan at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch and it was a brilliant day. There's a cool restaurant/bar called Lone Star near the airport as well. They show the cricket on a big screen.

Enjoy mate. I flew to Australia in January with Cathay Pacific. Singapore Airlines are also very good. I got a flight from Brisbane to Auckland for £120 and a flight back from Christchurch to Brisbane for £90.
I watched NZ play Pakistan at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch and it was a brilliant day. There's a cool restaurant/bar called Lone Star near the airport as well. They show the cricket on a big screen.

Probably Malaysia Airlines via Kuala Lumpur for us. Thought about stopping overnight en-route but we only have 16 days (incl. flying time). We've booked a converted prison in Christchurch for accommodation, just for summat a bit different. Right next to Hagley Park.

Probably Malaysia Airlines via Kuala Lumpur for us. Thought about stopping overnight en-route but we only have 16 days (incl. flying time). We've booked a converted prison in Christchurch for accommodation, just for summat a bit different. Right next to Hagley Park.

Lovely mate. I've not flown that way before. The flight doesn't bother me anymore. I've genuinely slept through an earthquake before, so I just sleep most of it.

Have you ever been to NZ before? The converted prison sounds quality! We stayed on the outskirts. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. The south island is my favourite place in the world. The people are great and very welcoming.

Lovely mate. I've not flown that way before. The flight doesn't bother me anymore. I've genuinely slept through an earthquake before, so I just sleep most of it.

Have you ever been to NZ before? The converted prison sounds quality! We stayed on the outskirts. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. The south island is my favourite place in the world. The people are great and very welcoming.

Whatever plane I'm on I find flying pretty mundane. The food on the Air India flight last year was class though and made a nice change from the usual bland offerings. Never been to Oz or NZ. Wanted to watch England play on every continent and NZ seems the better/easier option down under.

Surely there's never been direct flights between the UK and NZ?

Back