New Yougov Poll Puts Scottish Independence Campaign in the Lead for the first time

• Thread starter Deleted member 27897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland has it's own government, so not really. It is to a degree, but not nearly as much as it is for someone living in England.

They elect the UK government as they have always done, they even get a say in English matters, then complain it doesn't sufficiently empower them....

Ed has apparently gone back on his word and is now saying he won't sign the devolution papers. (according to Twitter and the Radio) but I cant find a news artical on it?? anyone got anthing??

If he does go back am i fuck ever supporting labour with him in charge and im a paid memeber... stupid f***ing no voters surely you would have realised this would happen.
Isn't it something to do with not bowing down to Cameron though? Sure it's about negotiating things with Scotland himself...

He better deliver on his promises or there'll be hell on and not just in Scotland. Fair's fair - promises were made and if they're not kept it besmirches England.

Whos going to hold him to account though? Labour have as much political zeal as a wet lettuce and the SNP have just had the wind taken out their sails and will now need to regroup and go again. Salmond has stepped down at the wrong time he should have carried the momentum of the campaign and pushed for the promises to be delivered. The fact that he has stepped down now, suggest to me that this was part of the deal.

Ed has apparently gone back on his word and is now saying he won't sign the devolution papers. (according to Twitter and the Radio) but I cant find a news artical on it?? anyone got anthing??

If he does go back am i fuck ever supporting labour with him in charge and im a paid memeber... stupid f***ing no voters surely you would have realised this would happen.

Milliband has said he is not agreeing to tying up progress on Scottish devolution to progress on the West Lothian question. Cameron has said in which case we aren't delivering the devolutionary promise we gave to the Scots on the timescale we said we would.

Cameron will blame Labour for causing it to collapse. Labour will let out not much more than a wet fart in retort.

End result. Tory's vilified even more north of the border, Labour fucked in England as the tories will paint them as the party who are happy to pander to Scotland but don't want english MPs to decide on english matters. Like I say. Tory blinder.

Milliband has said he is not agreeing to tying up progress on Scottish devolution to progress on the West Lothian question. Cameron has said in which case we aren't delivering the devolutionary promise we gave to the Scots on the timescale we said we would.

Cameron will blame Labour for causing it to collapse. Labour will let out not much more than a wet fart in retort.

End result. Tory's vilified even more north of the border, Labour fucked in England as the tories will paint them as the party who are happy to pander to Scotland but don't want english MPs to decide on english matters. Like I say. Tory blinder.

I think that Labour will be hated in Scotland too. Im not voting Labour again if this collapses (and never voting Tory anyway)

ive been asleep and missed eck stepping down

Red Ted doesnt want to lose the 41 MPs

Last edited by a moderator:
Whos going to hold him to account though? Labour have as much political zeal as a wet lettuce and the SNP have just had the wind taken out their sails and will now need to regroup and go again. Salmond has stepped down at the wrong time he should have carried the momentum of the campaign and pushed for the promises to be delivered. The fact that he has stepped down now, suggest to me that this was part of the deal.
It's part of Salmond's plan at least.

He did this before, after the original devolution. He wanted independence back then, and only for devolution. He disappeared and let everyone else sort it all out, then when it started to creak a little, he came back from the shadows and said "see, told you you should have gone for full independence, not just devolution! Now, let me talk to you about independence."

He's the craftiest of crafty shits. He'll disappear for a bit, then he'll be back. Bookmark this, it's 100% nailed on.

We the people :cool: . General election next May, it's going to be a cracker. So much to play for.

General Election 2015 will be a Conservative victory with a reasonable (30) seat majority

Hopefully. The hypocritical bastard. I disliked him to start with.

As pleased as I am sense won, I can't help but think the relationship has now irreparably changed.

I kind of agree, I always really liked scots even the fact that they purport to hate us. Childish as it was I liked the idea of a referendum to kick them out, errr...... yeah that'll show 'em. Only people that would upset though are the ones that wanted in. I wonder what happens next time we play them at Wembley.

You might be right. But if people can get excited about the indy referendum, it shows that it is possible to get people engaged in politics if there is something tangible at stake. The reason why so many people are turned off by politics is that they don't feel that anything changes, and the different parties look the same because they have all done the same media skills training course

I'd argue that people know this as fact. I'd love to be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back