New York

rentaghost

Striker
Planning to go with the Mrs (no) during October half term for 4 nights. Never been before - any recommendations for accommodation that has good access?

Planning to go with the Mrs (no) during October half term for 4 nights. Never been before - any recommendations for accommodation that has good access?
A lot of the sights are around Midtown Manhattan, so this area is a great place to be based at.

The Empire State Building
Chrysler Building
Grand Central terminus
Madison Square Garden
Flat Iron Building
Times Square/Broadway.

I once won a competition in the Journal for a 4 night mini break in New York.
We were based in Midtown Manhattan and I loved the place.
So much to see and do, though tbh I could have stayed for 4 weeks and still not seen everything I wanted to see.
A brilliant city.
I've stayed not far from Madison Square Gardens and that was a great location, especially as it was early February and freezing. Been twice in the last couple of years and I'm sure I'll be there again some day.

I've stayed not far from Madison Square Gardens and that was a great location, especially as it was early February and freezing. Been twice in the last couple of years and I'm sure I'll be there again some day.
Our hotel was in the Garment District and The Empire State Building and Times Square/Broadway, were just 2 blocks away iirc.

How long you going for?

For me

No point going to empire state building, you want to see it not be on it. Rockefeller best view, see all uptown downtown

Ellis island, worth a visit

Statue of liberty, go past it on ellis island cruise. Nowt to see up close and airport security before and after boat ride

Go into hells kitchen for comedy clubs

Sugar factory for instant diabetes

O'lunneys just off time square for reasonably priced food served til 3am. Incidentally its 4 doors down from the hotel in Big with T Hanks

Freedom Tower is a great view providet

Brooklyn Brewery

Central Park

Sylvias soul food in Harlem

Back