New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billynick

Full Back
Going there for five days soon with the Mrs. Any advice on best things to do and places to eat and drink.

Staton island ferry. It's free and it's worth going over and looking at the view from over there. There is a 9/11 memorial over there as well. It's a good hour spent and the views of the statue of liberty and manhattan on the way back is awesome. Don't pay to do the statue of liberty as it's a waste of a day.
Also go to the press lounge bar at Ink 48 hotel. Great roof top bar with great views of the city.

have a look on this forum: https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g60763-i5-New_York_City_New_York.html

there are individual tour guides and loads of new yorkers who post on there and answer every question imaginable. its a pretty busy forum too, and FAQ's are great for general queries.

I sometime just browse it to see what people are chatting about to see if anything interesting off-the-beaten-track pops up

there millions of walking tours and pub crawls that cater for just about every personal taste

Superb city. Get the subway pass, it's useful. We went down to Coney Island beach which was different and nice. The 9/11 stuff has to be done, very sombre and emotional. Staten Island ferry is free, we done this on a night you get amazing view of Manhattan also statue of liberty. central park is huge

Staton island ferry. It's free and it's worth going over and looking at the view from over there. There is a 9/11 memorial over there as well. It's a good hour spent and the views of the statue of liberty and manhattan on the way back is awesome. Don't pay to do the statue of liberty as it's a waste of a day.
Also go to the press lounge bar at Ink 48 hotel. Great roof top bar with great views of the city.

I would add, if you can, time the Staton Island ferry to coincide with sunset on the way back.

Superb city. Get the subway pass, it's useful. We went down to Coney Island beach which was different and nice. The 9/11 stuff has to be done, very sombre and emotional. Staten Island ferry is free, we done this on a night you get amazing view of Manhattan also statue of liberty. central park is huge

I wouldn't bother with a subway pass, if it's your first time walk around, or the hop on hop of buses, you get to see mich more of the city and everywhere is easy to find as the streets and avenues are so well planed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back