New York - watching the red bulls

any of you taken in a red bulls game before?

I’m going to ny for the first time in April and it coincides with them play Houston Dynamos. I quite fancy it.

How easy is it to get tickets?

Is it easy to get to the stadium?

Also whilst we’re there we are hoping to see the Nicks plays at Maddison square, I’m not a basket ball fan but a good experience?

Any other tips and advice greatly received!

any of you taken in a red bulls game before?

I’m going to ny for the first time in April and it coincides with them play Houston Dynamos. I quite fancy it.

How easy is it to get tickets?

Is it easy to get to the stadium?

Also whilst we’re there we are hoping to see the Nicks plays at Maddison square, I’m not a basket ball fan but a good experience?

Any other tips and advice greatly received!
If it's your first time I wouldn't waste my time doing that shit.

Years ago when they weren’t called the Red Bulls.

It was one of the worst games of football I have ever seen. Including 20 years of supporting Sunderland.

Hope that helps.

yeah i went to the 'Hudson River Derby' against New York FC last august, but i went with the away fans. getting tickets was no problem. the ground is in Harrison New Jersey, about 20-30 minutes on the PATH train from World Trade Centre. it dead easy, and the station building (The Oculus) at the world trade centre is incredible to be inside of.

Football wise, the standard isnt great. probably on par with lower half scottish premier league.

cos it was the derby when i was there, the atmosphere was actually cracking, better than 90% of normal premier league grounds. although it was a big game for them.

they do have some fanatical fans, if you go, get behind the South stand goal, on the bottom tier, as that is where their 'ultras' were. probably about a thousand of them with flags and jumping around.

we were there for nearly 2 weeks and it was worth it just for the crack. i wouldnt put it too far up your priority list.
Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image

Basketball is shit as well. No tension. Only get exciting with 30 seconds to go.

Ice hockey is better. Baseball is okay.

we watched a basketball game on a court somewhere on the lower east side, it was proper organised, probably equivelant to sunday league level footy here, and it was brilliant. just sat down with a drink on courtside, about 100 people watching, it was 100mph the whole game, absolute giants, lots of shouting and screaming. considering we know nowt about basketball, it was arguably better than spending $70 each to watch NBA from the back of the stadium

Last edited:
Was there for a week in October 17 and then was just over for another 2 weeks over Xmas and New Year.

Last year I weant to see NY FC when Lampard and the non ginger Pirlo were playing and Viera was the manager - what a let down, standard was shite with the "legends" swanning round not giving a fuck.....I just watched from the concourse bar and got pissed....enjoyed it but wouldn't be in a hurry to go back

This year have done the Ice Hockey and the Basketball and as we were stopping in Brooklyn, went to the Barclays Centre to watch the Brooklyn Nets and NY Islanders. Got the tickets for next to nowt on Stub Hub (about $20 each) and while they were in the gods, perfectly adequate. MSG for the Rangers or Knicks is crackers money compared to the Barclays Centre and unless you're a superfan, doubt the experience would be any different. Mad expensive for the beer like....paid $15 for a can of Sam Adams off the gadgie with the crate of cans on his head but the only alternate was $12 Fosters!

I'd do it like, nice to see if you can fit it in but wouldn't hoy mad money at it.

Back